We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISTA Fault Diagnosis Procedure / Clear faults - Chicken and Egg
Please help regarding ISTA fault diagnosis.

I have a 04862 error

After checking for faults I go into the Test Procedure
When I click Continue to do each test eg Charge air Duct leakage test I get a message to clear all faults before continuing.

But-
How do I clear the faults when still in the test procedure steps
OR
If I exit the Test Procedure Steps to clear the faults, how do I get back to the Test Procedure Steps  
If I run the identify faults procedure there is likely to be no faults, thus no Test Procedure
All test modules can be found under function structure, regardless of any faults stored or not.
(10-17-2021, 10:47 AM)tonemoz Wrote: All test modules can be found under function structure, regardless of any faults stored or not.

Thanks for your response.

I assume I carried out the correct steps - see screenshot
Select DDE Module
Select "call up ECU functions"
Select EGR System (Others do not seem relevant to 04862 error)
None of the options get me back to the test procedure.

Where did I go wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Comments / Suggestions still welcome
(10-23-2021, 12:27 PM)Colink2 Wrote: Comments / Suggestions still welcome
In your photo the DDE Ecu is in red! This means it is not responding correctly!
(11-15-2021, 07:28 PM)tonemoz Wrote: In your photo the DDE Ecu is in red! This means it is not responding correctly!
Thanks for your input.

I might be wrong, If it is not responding the background of the box will be red. I believe it is only red border because I selected it. 
I have got to this point in the test many times and never proceeded if the box background was red.

Still no further on, except I have fitted a new Charge Pressure Sensors, even if that fixes the issue it would be good to know how to actually use the test procedure to identify faulty components.