We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISTAP where to put SDP and BLP files?
Hi,
This questions is just for my E series coding.

Where do I put the folders DATA and DATA-SWI for ISTAP programming?

I have tried finding this info since days but couldn't. There are many threads and they are all different regarding RHEINGOLD folder, symbolic links, some say put them here c:\ProgramData\BMW\ISPI\data\TRIC\ others say into ISTAD folder, some say into a dedicated folder called PSDZ. I am confused and want to understand how that works.

The PDF ISTA guide says into the ISTAD folder under PSDZ. But how does ISTAP know where to find those files? Do I need ISTAD installed at all for ISTAP? I don't want to use symbolic links. Can I verify before programming with ISTAP that all files are where they supposed to be?

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to martyNZ for this post:
  • simon2
They both go in the PSDZ folder (ISTA_D)

BLP will add a data dir SDP will add to the in an sub folder. (follow whats in there istad install).

ISTA-d will know where they are as it expects to see them )its the reg files that populte the locations), BLP is for diagnosis and SDP is for coding (newer cars, not e series).

ISTA-P wont know where they are unless you tell it thats why some recomend using sym links (its to save space, so they are only in one loctaion but used by 2 apps).
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ccfj1 for this post:
  • dwori, simon2