We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAFAS2 FSC Loading
A popular retrofit is adding the KAFAS2 ECU for SLI, HBA, LDW and also collision detection. Some cars even have the KAFAS2 for LDW which requires no FSC but has the required ECU for SLI. These functions can be enabled in the ECU by loading the required FSC either by buying the FSC specific to your VIN or by loading a set from a donor car. The process is extremely simple if done correctly but if you get it wrong you can be left in a position where you need to buy a new KAFAS2 ECU. The problem with the KAFAS2 ECU is that it cannot be virginised; therefore you cannot reset it to load the same FSC if you manage to deactivate it. It will accept a new set, but never an older set. The real problems come when you burn every FSC set up to the newest, around Sep 2019, then you're screwed.

I was told that loading donor FSC was not possible on the latest ilevel but I can confirm this is not true. One thing to bear in mind is that if you run a measures plan in ISTA the FSC in the ECU will be rejected. Do not panic or worry, just load up ESYS, load the FSC and click upgrade on each FSC again. That's it, they will all be accepted again.

I have uploaded a guide that shows you how to do it correctly so you only have to do it once. As you can imagine, this ECU should never actually need new FSC codes because they shouldn't be removed/deactivated.

If you need help please ask. I have FSC sets for KAFAS2 right up to Sep 2019 and I am happy to remotely load them for you.

Finally, never ever ever ever ever ever press UPDATE or DEACTIVATE when working with these FSC. You will never need those options, just don't press them!!

Attached Files
.pdf   KAFAS2 FSC Loading.pdf (Size: 1.63 MB / Downloads: 1,094)
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 18 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • ballroom, Bimmertronics, bimmer_oleg, Bqumba, bumerz, Chepelin, DubluDi, gpdriver, kicaj222, Pat, pawelkos, Rob , roman66, Sasa09, TheNine90, tschek, wojtel, zhuk
(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)DayvG Wrote: A popular retrofit is adding the KAFAS2 ECU for SLI, HBA, LDW and also collision detection. Some cars even have the KAFAS2 for LDW which requires no FSC but has the required ECU for SLI. These functions can be enabled in the ECU by loading the required FSC either by buying the FSC specific to your VIN or by loading a set from a donor car. The process is extremely simple if done correctly but if you get it wrong you can be left in a position where you need to buy a new KAFAS2 ECU. The problem with the KAFAS2 ECU is that it cannot be virginised; therefore you cannot reset it to load the same FSC if you manage to deactivate it. It will accept a new set, but never an older set. The real problems come when you burn every FSC set up to the newest, around Sep 2019, then you're screwed.

I was told that loading donor FSC was not possible on the latest ilevel but I can confirm this is not true. One thing to bear in mind is that if you run a measures plan in ISTA the FSC in the ECU will be rejected. Do not panic or worry, just load up ESYS, load the FSC and click upgrade on each FSC again. That's it, they will all be accepted again.

I have uploaded a guide that shows you how to do it correctly so you only have to do it once. As you can imagine, this ECU should never actually need new FSC codes because they shouldn't be removed/deactivated.

If you need help please ask. I have FSC sets for KAFAS2 right up to Sep 2019 and I am happy to remotely load them for you.

Finally, never ever ever ever ever ever press UPDATE or DEACTIVATE when working with these FSC. You will never need those options, just don't press them!!

Never click DEACTIVATE or UPGRADE on any FSC period.

Imagine deactivating a FSC in the DME or in the EPS Big Grin
and then having trouble getting a fresh set loaded and activated..

Jokes aside, so the 7E FSC from a donor can work in a car with another vin?
KAFAS FSC VIN is not checked against CAS/FEM vin like with headunits?  Icon_crazy
On some cars with BDC it seems there is a check on the latest iLevel but with CAS it seems to work perfectly fine. If you have updated the KAFAS2 and have problems with it rejecting FSC after ignition cycle it is possible to downgrade the ECU software.

Deactivating FSC is ALWAYS a bad move haha
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • zhuk
I don't want to start a new topic so will hijack this one for a sec, does anyone know the part numbers for FSC's?

AppID 287 (11F) - Speed Limit Information
AppID 318 (13E) - WWA (Wrong Way Assist)
AppID 318 (13F) - Front Collision Warning (FCW)
AppID 320 (140) - Pedestrian Detection
AppID 321 (141) - Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

Cheers!
WBALS0104G0S35708

Here is a VIN Code for X5 F15.

it has allready Lane Assist, does this mean that it can add other functions just by updating FSC?

Can you do it remotely? (PM pls with a price)
Nice, I am about to retrofit Blind spot detection to my Bmw F10 2012-03. I have today HBA and SLI from factory. (Kafas1) From what I have heard that after I have retrofit blindspot sensor and all other moduls that needs for blind spot, Other have said that a simple VO coding for LDW and I would have that also without any FSC codes, is that the case?
No FSC codes required for these functions on KAFAS1, also blind spot detection is independent of KAFAS.
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • M5_F10_N_T
For FCW and adaptive cruis control I would think is with FSC code, I have a M5 and since there is no sensor on the lower part of the fron grill like usual Bmw f1x series, I would think that adaptive cruis control goes hand in hand with kafas kamera right? That would need fsc codes I imagen

Thanks for fast respond @DavyG
You can't install adaptive cruis control on M5. This is not possible. The one thing on M5 is Driving Assistant 5AS with TLC and FCW.
This needs Kafas with fsc for FCW.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • M5_F10_N_T
a maby I was thinking about the wrong, it was FCW I was thinking of. Your right. Yes, If that is the case, then I will only retrofit LDW and LCW so I dont have to use any FSC codes for just that.