We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starter Kit
Can any of you guys that have been coding bmw for a while recommend a good starter kit for r56 2013 mini

Have a windows 10 laptop ready

Just like some advice before I jump head in will need software and cable

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! Rolleyes

You could buy an ethernet obd cable on ebay or build it by yourself (instructions can be found here in the forum)

Just watch/read some tutorials about coding, to get into it Smile 

The software you need for coding (NCS, Esys etc.) is linked in the coding section. 
I would start to get first a good power supply, 80-100A constant current to keep the battery charged, otherwise a world of trouble you are in if modules gets blocked while coding..
[quote='mambof10' pid='4297' dateline='1595976947']
Hi! Rolleyes

You could buy an ethernet obd cable on ebay or build it by yourself (instructions can be found here in the forum)

Just watch/read some tutorials about coding, to get into it Smile 

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The software you need for coding (NCS, Esys etc.) is linked in the coding section. 

He need kdcan cable, not ethernet cable for r56.
(07-27-2020, 10:37 AM)Whitty Wrote: Can any of you guys that have been coding bmw for a while recommend a good starter kit for r56 2013 mini

Dave

Make sure that you can restore things if something goes wrong. Learn how to inject CAFD files, flash modules etc etc.
(07-27-2020, 10:37 AM)Whitty Wrote: Can any of you guys that have been coding bmw for a while recommend a good starter kit for r56 2013 mini

Dave

You need the following:
1. Interface cable K+DCAN
2. ISTA Rheingold to diagnose the car
3. From the same link with ISTA Rheingold, you have Standard tools, install that and there you have NCS Expert, NCS Dummy for coding.

No ENET, no ESYS for Mini R56