We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADVISE REQUIRED] Assign VO changes to BMW
Hello all,

First post here.
I think this will have a lot of people scratching their heads. Scratchheadyellow

So, my question is, is it possible to assign VO changes to BMW server in order to actually tell BMW "hey we made this change"?
I do have online access to BMW but, i don't know how, or if this is even possible nor how is done.

I want to assign a 6WB retrofit to a 2014 X5 F15. (ETK by the way does not give 6WB as an option (i think))

Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated.
i don't think that is possible unless you have internal connection to BMW staff to make the necessary changes

VO code does not need to update the VCM
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to babyk for this post:
  • 4evermetalhead
Thanks for the reply mate.

Yes i spoke with the guy that actually created this question to me, after i saw his youtube video.

His point was that if a retrofit is officially supported (part is given in the ETK list), then you can make the changes you want via ESYS, then proceed with ISTA (online) to program / code modules.
That will set a change in the VO in BMW server.
Meaning that if anyone else operates on the vehicle online for programming etc, will not have any issues at all.

But if part is not listed in ETK, then only via ESYS will be done and should not be used online. (as far as i understood)