We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Map install iDrive question
I have a 2014 428i with iDrive. Lat time I updated my maps (via USB) it took over 1 hour. The problem is keeping the car 'alive'. As soon as the car turns the ignition off after a few minutes, you have to start the download again. I was wondering if there is a easy way to upload the maps, I dont really want to let the engine run standing on the drive while the maps are uploading, or trying to keep the ignition on for all the upload to happen.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasnt sure where best to ask that question (newbie...)
(04-04-2020, 09:19 AM)Mikek123 Wrote: I have a 2014 428i with iDrive. Lat time I updated my maps (via USB) it took over 1 hour. The problem is keeping the car 'alive'. As soon as the car turns the ignition off after a few minutes, you have to start the download again. I was wondering if there is a easy way to upload the maps, I dont really want to let the engine run standing on the drive while the maps are uploading, or trying to keep the ignition on for all the upload to happen.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasnt sure where best to ask that question (newbie...)

Need to have the iDrive running for the maps to update so car engine running is best. You can always come back and it should resume
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MAK.Coding for this post:
  • kachung, Rob
Start yout car, let the engine run for 5 minutes, stop the engine and the HU should stay on (update active) for 10 minutes without ignition on. Do that 2 or 3 times until the update is finished.
Buckle the seat belt and the car won’t go in sleep mode