We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bench Setup not working with NBT Evo
(04-08-2021, 08:19 AM)DEJMIEN Wrote: Make sure you have the same vin in evo and zgw then detect new cafd.

i already did that last night after flashing.
but just to make sure, i reflashed ZGW again with my car VIN/FA and detected new CAFD for HU and still have the same issue
No need reflash zgw to change vin, and you don’t need to write your car VO to zgw too.
Send me your team viewer.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DEJMIEN for this post:
  • Tuerkay
(04-07-2021, 11:15 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: Since no one could help me and i didn´t want to rob rasool376 his sleep at night, i checked my bench setup again and could fix my issues.
seemed like i made a coding issue on my arduino wake-up signal. could now see the NBT evo on my bench setup.
i bit the bullet and startet flashing via UDS. Since only SWFL was missing, surprisingly everything flashed within 1h 20min.
Evo got out of flashmode and booted. Screen stayed black, so i started ISTA and checked DTCs. Again, the "software manipulation" kicked in and blocked any user input.
with the ECU test in ista, i could make the screen image visible so the headunit itself should work.

i checked FSC status with FemtoEvo and all FSCs are either rejected or unavailable.

will reloading the FSCs with "Feature installer" fix the Software manipulation error or could there be any other reason?
Like written before, it is an F20 HU with a soldered GPS connector and i don´t know if this could be the reason for this error.
it's fine.
put it on the car and all the text will appear!
(04-12-2021, 04:39 AM)markus Wrote: it's fine.
put it on the car and all the text will appear!

not that easy. It´s not just missing text like it normaly happens on bench flash. It´s a black screen (not CP or wrong CID coding), no input response and an error, that i thought should not appear on this unit.
Right now it looks like the seller gave me a modified unit, where the sticker with OEM number says one thing but the Hardware inside another. Seller possible mixed hardware from different HUs...
Thanks to @babyk, @DEJMIEN and @rasool376  i finally have a working Evo again  Clappingyellow
Hello,

borrowing this thread as I'm trying to connect an EntryNav2 to my pc on bench.
I tried with wiring to the ethernet pins in the quadlock and then assigning an IP with DHCP on the PC. Arduino is keeping it awake. Screen showing no signal (wrong CID coding).
I can ping the HU and connect with Tool32, but Esys (connection via gateway URL) just won't list it when I press read ECU. Any ideas?

I could try with a ZGW 02 8SK I can borrow. Anything I should prepare on the ZGW before connecting it to the HU?
Will a mismatching VIN in ZGW trigger component protection on the HU? Flash it to change VIN or is there any other way (Tool32)?

Thank you
(04-07-2021, 11:15 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: Since no one could help me and i didn´t want to rob rasool376 his sleep at night, i checked my bench setup again and could fix my issues.
seemed like i made a coding issue on my arduino wake-up signal. could now see the NBT evo on my bench setup.
i bit the bullet and startet flashing via UDS. Since only SWFL was missing, surprisingly everything flashed within 1h 20min.
Evo got out of flashmode and booted. Screen stayed black, so i started ISTA and checked DTCs. Again, the "software manipulation" kicked in and blocked any user input.
with the ECU test in ista, i could make the screen image visible so the headunit itself should work.

i checked FSC status with FemtoEvo and all FSCs are either rejected or unavailable.

will reloading the FSCs with "Feature installer" fix the Software manipulation error or could there be any other reason?
Like written before, it is an F20 HU with a soldered GPS connector and i don´t know if this could be the reason for this error.
Hello,

What was the issue?
(04-06-2022, 11:17 AM)alsamaraie Wrote: Hello,

What was the issue?

Just Installed the HU in my car and after that, everything worked again. Don't know, why it didn't work in my bench at first but after connecting it to my car once, bench coding/flashing also worked again.
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Tuerkay Wrote:

What was the issue?

Just Installed the HU in my car and after that, everything worked again. Don't know, why it didn't work in my bench at first but after connecting it to my car once, bench coding/flashing also worked again.
Thank you for reply. I have same problem right now can't get it turn on the screen on bench.

I can see when I connect the CAN bus from the arduino it gos wake. While just the HU and the screen connected the consuming 1.7-2.2 amps.
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Tuerkay Wrote:

What was the issue?

Do you use same code you wrote in the post?