We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G31 - Coding 5DN Surround View retrofit without installing the side parking sensors
Hi,

I retrofitted the ICAM camera system in my G31. 4x cameras, ICAM module, switch etc. I also bought the UCC (PDC) High module. The system seems to work, BUT.

The issue is the 4 errors for side parking sensors, which doesn't allow the system to start in normal operation.

I did not retrofit them. I do not need nor can justify the cost of the sensors, new bumpers / drilling and adding mounts for them, and the hassle of pulling the wiring all the way through the car.

How to code the system so the cameras work despite the side sensors throwing errors? I'm fairly certain the VO coding is not possible, since:
  • 5DN contains parking

• 5DL (Surround View in F series) or ZX3 (dealer code for separate SV in G series) is not accepted when generating the FP from the FA
Does anyone have the FDL changes needed for this? I already saw the C_VARIANTE_XD530_X0001_USS_LOW in the ICAM coding, changed from "Active" to "Allgemein" but that's not enough.

I am fairly certain it's achievable, since guys in Russia sell retrofit kits without high USS module at all.

Thanks!
Why not code just 3AG? Or am I missing smth?
(05-20-2021, 01:03 PM)JD_RFTR Wrote: Why not code just 3AG? Or am I missing smth?
3ag is the rear camera. 5DN contains 4 cameras, front, back and 2 in the mirrors. It's also called Surround View, 360 cameras, Top View etc.