We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini NBT2 not flashed to the latest fw
I just did an FW flash for a Mini F54 with i-step shipment level F056-17-03-506

Only flashed the NTB2 headunit to get full screen CarPlay. before the flash the version was NBTEVO_K  and after the flash NBTEVO_U (wich took 60min to complete but no errors)

For the flash i used Esys 3.36.2 and PSDZdata: V4.29.2.22 and used ilevel target F56-21-03-552

But it turns out that the head unit had updated to 2020-3 and that does not allow CarPlay full sreen.

I double checked if the FW was correctly updated and with an TAL Calculation everything is black and blue on the NBT2.
(see attachment for the check)

Does anyone know why this is? and how to be fixed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's a bit frustrating that BMW are not following quite the same upgrade path on the Mini cars as I have the same problem myself with this at the moment on my wife's F54 which is also running NBTevo_U despite the dealership updating it to 21-03-552 before we brought it. I went to enable Carplay and got the error during the patching saying full screen wasn't supported as the HU itself is 20-03.

The only way to get the car to NBTevo_V is to manually edit the TAL file from E-Sys in notepad - this should also give you the new 2021 graphics at the same time. I have a TAL to try myself but not had a chance to look at it this weekend as our boiler decided to leak in the house! It is for a different HWEL however although I have yet to check if it's the right one or whether I have the same as you as based out in Europe.
(06-28-2021, 08:38 AM)slackworth Wrote: It's a bit frustrating that BMW are not following quite the same upgrade path on the Mini cars as I have the same problem myself with this at the moment on my wife's F54 which is also running NBTevo_U despite the dealership updating it to 21-03-552 before we brought it. I went to enable Carplay and got the error during the patching saying full screen wasn't supported as the HU itself is 20-03.

The only way to get the car to NBTevo_V is to manually edit the TAL file from E-Sys in notepad - this should also give you the new 2021 graphics at the same time. I have a TAL to try myself but not had a chance to look at it this weekend as our boiler decided to leak in the house! It is for a different HWEL however although I have yet to check if it's the right one or whether I have the same as you as based out in Europe.

oke thats something else, can you post back when you have tested this?
(06-25-2021, 05:47 PM)psycholander Wrote: I just did an FW flash for a Mini F54 with i-step shipment level F056-17-03-506

Only flashed the NTB2 headunit to get full screen CarPlay. before the flash the version was NBTEVO_K  and after the flash NBTEVO_U (wich took 60min to complete but no errors)

For the flash i used Esys 3.36.2 and PSDZdata: V4.29.2.22 and used ilevel target F56-21-03-552

But it turns out that the head unit had updated to 2020-3 and that does not allow CarPlay full sreen.

I double checked if the FW was correctly updated and with an TAL Calculation everything is black and blue on the NBT2.
(see attachment for the check)

Does anyone know why this is? and how to be fixed?
They Will Help 
https://portal.femtoevo.com/
FSCMap will only activate fullscreen Carplay once the NBT Evo unit is updated. Both myself and psycholander have suitable patches to enable fullscreen but unlike BMW which will work at NBTEvo_U, the Mini requires NBTEvo_V.

I haven't had a chance to try my modified TAL yet.