We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini vs bmw difference?
Hi I have a 2015 mini cooper s that I have been adding things too and fiddling with and it's time to figure some things out I guess. Seems like the fwd bmw systems are tweaked ever so slightly even on same engine b48/46. I have noticed some pids work some dont things like that. Is the main structure of the body network the same way? Will figuring it out on the bmw side transfer over to the mini?
     Is there any information or primer or study material about how these modules communicate and what type of messages pass over what type of network etc?  Sorry if that's alot but it's just bugging me there seems to be no mini retrofits or bef really until you look at Malaysia and they can add everything in no problem.
    I'm guessing to start I should map my car and find the absolute closest one to it with preferably only one option changed and map it to too then compare? Will a standard can to usb sniffer work for button presses or do I need something special?    I do self automation electro hydraulic controls so I know just enough to be dangerous lmao sorry if this is the wrong place but I have tried all over
(04-10-2020, 12:53 AM)Tgambob Wrote: Hi I have a 2015 mini cooper s that I have been adding things too and fiddling with and it's time to figure some things out I guess. Seems like the fwd bmw systems are tweaked ever so slightly even on same engine b48/46. I have noticed some pids work some dont things like that. Is the main structure of the body network the same way? Will figuring it out on the bmw side transfer over to the mini?
     Is there any information or primer or study material about how these modules communicate and what type of messages pass over what type of network etc?  Sorry if that's alot but it's just bugging me there seems to be no mini retrofits or bef really until you look at Malaysia and they can add everything in no problem.
    I'm guessing to start I should map my car and find the absolute closest one to it with preferably only one option changed and map it to too then compare? Will a standard can to usb sniffer work for button presses or do I need something special?    I do self automation electro hydraulic controls so I know just enough to be dangerous lmao sorry if this is the wrong place but I have tried all over
If you start here I think you’ll find a lot of what you need. 
NEWTIS

Enjoy
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
Yeah I have used newtis alot. I figured out about the dme unlocks and why we dont have many for the mini except for 2.