We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW G20 Retrofit from usa/eu taillights
Hello, I have a BMW from Canada but I will drive it in Europe, how do I code my rear brakes so that they work normally. I have put European rear taillights
i need help with coding!
You need to code as ECE and only change the parameters for taillights in BDC
(03-28-2024, 10:33 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: You need to code as ECE and only change the parameters for taillights in BDC
guide me how to do it?
Modify fa and code the bdc using ECE typecode, then compare the two cafd and change the parameters for tail lights manually. The parameters vary depending on car configuration.
(03-29-2024, 07:36 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Modify fa and code the bdc using ECE typecode, then compare the two cafd and change the parameters for tail lights manually. The parameters vary depending on car configuration.

Thanks can you have an example i have never done it!
i can do it for you. Ive done several but the parameters vary depending on car configurations, you cant copy from others. better do it using the car configuration
(03-30-2024, 06:40 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: i can do it for you. Ive done several but the parameters vary depending on car configurations, you cant copy from others. better do it using the car configuration

I understand what you are telling me, but I don't know how to do it. I have bimmer utilities. I have not worked with this program and do not know. Give me some info so I can understand what the idea is. I am new to BMW programs and coding.
From what has been said up to here, I need to hook up a European car and download a file that is responsible for the brakes and compare the data! This is the BDC block there are brake light recording parameters according to the equipment of the car
If so the question is how do I download this recording?
No, you only need to edit the fa and change to ECE typecode. The new fa will have different parameters that will enable EU taillights, but will affect other options thats why you have to change it manually.
Hi, first of all you should watch some videos about bmw coding, read tutorials and guides for beginners to get familiar with basics and terminology used in coding, otherwise you shouldn’t try to do any coding. Bimmer utility is a very powerful tool if you know how to use it, you can use svt compare section, upload your fa and actual svt file, then change type key to ece and click compare, program will show you all the differences in every control unit. You should look for bdc differences that is correspondents to rear lights behavior and fdl code that differences also you may have to do some wiring to get your turn indicators to work. Good luck!