We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DME - CAS ISN issue
Hi!!!

I´m helping a friend resurrect an E90 with an MSV80 DME (328i).  The car had the CAS completely bricked, no way to read flash or eeprom.

We found an identical CAS to program to the car.   I was able to extract the ISN from the DME but the ISN I have is 16 byte and the CAS requires a 2 byte.  Having no way to "convert" that ISN the car won´t start.  Found another CAS (from an E70 IIRC) so I tried using that and was able to get the car running but now 2FA4 code is present on the DME and car lacks power.  No codes on the EGS. 

From what I´ve searched this happens when the CAS and the DME are not compatible or have different software versions so I´m now stuck.

Can anyone "convert" the ISN from 16 byte to 2 byte so I can use the same version CAS?  Or anyone has any idea on how to match a different (and apparently newer) CAS to the car?

This is the ISN information I have that has successfully started the car but with 2FA4 code and lack of power

*******Edit: Unnecessary Info*******

Thanks!
you need to change POWER CLASS in CAS
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CipiCip for this post:
  • HPTuningCR
*SOLVED*

Changed Power Class in CAS and everything working good! Thanks for your help!

In case anyone is interested in knowing how to modify the power class directly in the CAS eeprom dump let me know. Or if you guys think it's worth it I can post here or on another thread. It can be set to any value or as "Invalid" so it can be easily modified to the correct value once everything is working.

Thanks again!
(09-30-2021, 01:25 AM)HPTuningCR Wrote: *SOLVED*

Changed Power Class in CAS and everything working good!  Thanks for your help!

In case anyone is interested in knowing how to modify the power class directly in the CAS eeprom dump let me know.  Or if you guys think it's worth it I can post here or on another thread.  It can be set to any value or as "Invalid" so it can be easily modified to the correct value once everything is working.

Thanks again!
Hi! I have a dme(msv70), which is from an E90 330i.I got a second hand cas3 with keys from 320d. I would like to make a cas-dme-key set. I have written ISN from dme and the vin from my car, but I still need to change powerclass in Cas. Could you help me how to find powerclass in cas' eeprom?
(05-18-2022, 09:43 PM)Nodi94 Wrote:

In case anyone is interested in knowing how to modify the power class directly in the CAS eeprom dump let me know.  Or if you guys think it's worth it I can post here or on another thread.  It can be set to any value or as "Invalid" so it can be easily modified to the correct value once everything is working.

Thanks again!
Hi! I have a dme(msv70), which is from an E90 330i.I got a second hand cas3 with keys from 320d. I would like to make a cas-dme-key set. I have written ISN from dme and the vin from my car, but I still need to change powerclass in Cas. Could you help me how to find powerclass in cas' eeprom?

Hi, if is cas3 I can help you. HexProg have this opportunity. Send me your cas3 eeprom dump
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wjgud123 for this post:
  • Nodi94
(05-19-2022, 10:31 AM)wjgud123 Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 09:43 PM)Nodi94 Wrote:

Thanks again!

Hi, if is cas3 I can help you. HexProg have this opportunity. Send me your cas3 eeprom dump
Yes, it is cas3. Need to set 02 powerclass. Here is the eeprom dump

Attached Files
.zip   eeprom.zip (Size: 1.32 KB / Downloads: 32)
(05-19-2022, 12:16 PM)Nodi94 Wrote: Yes, it is cas3. Need to set 02 powerclass. Here is the eeprom dump

check attachment. power class changed to 2

Attached Files
.zip   CAS3_____2022_05_26_07_26_45_PowerClass2.zip (Size: 1.35 KB / Downloads: 40)
  • Nodi94
(05-26-2022, 05:37 AM)wjgud123 Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 12:16 PM)Nodi94 Wrote: Yes, it is cas3. Need to set 02 powerclass. Here is the eeprom dump

HI wjgud123, 

could you help me change this cas eeprom to power class 2? 

regards
Pramod

Attached Files
.zip   BMW E92 335i Yiannis cas3 stock eeprom.zip (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 13)
(12-18-2022, 06:35 AM)pramodp1621 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 05:37 AM)wjgud123 Wrote:

HI wjgud123, 

could you help me change this cas eeprom to power class 2? 

regards
Pramod

In attachement, you will find modified eeprom

Power Class changed to 2.
Mileage set to 0. (cas will copy mileage from cluster).

Remember to click Thx button

Attached Files
.zip   CAS3_e92_335i_PC2_0KM.zip (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 19)
  • pramodp1621