We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help wanted
Hi there, can someone help me to understand if updating moduls using Ista D can make beter diference? Like on 2012 5 serie GT with CIC?
You cant update with ISTA d , update will do Ista P
(11-08-2021, 06:22 PM)pepi Wrote: You cant update with ISTA d , update will do Ista P

Thanks Pepi,
Will that make noticable difference?
(11-05-2021, 07:58 PM)Vojto Wrote: Hi there, can someone help me to understand if updating moduls using Ista D can make beter diference? Like on 2012 5 serie GT with CIC?

engine, gear - ask people what updated, works much better
kafas - see mote details, i tested this so relally nice update,
Kombi, CIC, - affter update more option for coding
etc
(12-10-2021, 06:57 AM)Vojtech Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 07:58 PM)Vojto Wrote: Hi there, can someone help me to understand if updating moduls using Ista D can make beter diference? Like on 2012 5 serie GT with CIC?

etc
That sounds great, but where do I get some details like how to do it right?
(12-24-2021, 09:16 PM)Vojto Wrote:

etc

Hi Vojto.

At beginning share with us what kind of equipment you have?
Best for update multimedia module is icom, and even icom cannot guarantee that something will not going wrong.
Also when you want update whole car to latest i-Step level, you need voltage stabilizer (Gys, MST, or even selfmade <- there is instruction on forum how to make one).

To perform update with IstaP, connect you car to interface, open IstaP, and when program calculate measurement plan, you must only accept.
Rest will do automatically, . Update time can be various, can finish in 1h or even 8h (depends of car, modules, etc...)

If you don't want to risk, or don't have correct equipment, I strongly advice to find somebody nearby you who can help/fix that.
(12-25-2021, 11:14 AM)wjgud123 Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 09:16 PM)Vojto Wrote:

etc

Hi Vojto.

At beginning share with us what kind of equipment you have?
Best for update multimedia module is icom, and even icom cannot guarantee that something will not going wrong.
Also when you want update whole car to latest i-Step level, you need voltage stabilizer (Gys, MST, or even selfmade <- there is instruction on forum how to make one).

To perform update with IstaP, connect you car to interface, open IstaP, and when program calculate measurement plan, you must only accept.
Rest will do automatically, . Update time can be various, can finish in 1h or even 8h (depends of car, modules, etc...)

If you don't want to risk, or don't have correct equipment, I strongly advice to find somebody nearby you who can help/fix that.

Aw wow, is there no way to prevent an errors? I got 2012 530D GT with CIC system and would like to get out as much as I can because it is really good machine.
(12-25-2021, 12:27 PM)Vojto Wrote: Aw wow, is there no way to prevent an errors? I got 2012 530D GT with CIC system and would like to get out as much as I can because it is really good machine.

Even when you have required equipment, errors and problems can happen.
This is always risky job Smile

If you will be looking for help to fix that job, I have few friends in UK also;
for sure they will able to help/do it for you, ofc price must be discussed with them.