We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESYS Activate FA Issue
Alright guys I have a weird issue after trying to code a Cafd backup to a customers car. Customer been having issues with their FRM for a while and had some pretty heavy tunes and retrofits from other shops. The Cafd failed to complete after I click code.  After that I was was trying to go through the process of flashing the FRM and learned I can no longer Activate the FA. I tried everything possible and have a backup ESYS and psdzdata program in case it was that and still got the error unable to activate FA. When I use ISTA(D) I get FRM has a short in the communication com bus. I'm going to have the customer replace the FRM but wanted to get a idea from you guys because the FRM shouldn't prevent me from activating the FA.
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com

Travis Terry
MobileBmwCoding@gmail.com
MobileBmwCoding.com
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MobileBmwCoding for this post:
  • Rob
Hi, i just had a similar issue the Activate FA would run for a few minutes and then fail - try clear all codes using ISTA.

Sometimes there are too many errors in Central Gateway to allow FA to be activated.

My problem occured on F84 - the car had just had BM3 tune and there were about 10 orange modules in ISTA.

Once cleared FA activated no issues.

thanks to my brother @Adel -BimmerFixes- for helping with this solution
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to x5m254 for this post:
  • Rob
(04-11-2020, 09:53 PM)x5m254 Wrote: Hi, i just had a similar issue the Activate FA would run for a few minutes and then fail - try clear all codes using ISTA.

Sometimes there are too many errors in Central Gateway to allow FA to be activated.

My problem occured on F84 - the car had just  had BM3 tune and there were about 10 orange modules in ISTA.

Once cleared FA activated no issues.

thanks to my brother @Adel -BimmerFixes- for helping with this solution
I Cleared in ESYS let me try to clear in Ista(D) to see if this will fix the issue. Thanks for the info
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com

Travis Terry
MobileBmwCoding@gmail.com
MobileBmwCoding.com