We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY PSU for Flashing
Many thanks DayvG !!!
(04-13-2020, 03:36 PM)DayvG Wrote: So people always ask......should I use a charger when I flash. The answer is yes, always! 

Then people say, how much is a charger.......then when they find out they say its too much, flash anyway and risk bricking an ECU.

A high amperage PSU doesn't have to break the bank. Granted you wont get the fancy features of a dedicated PSU but you can get a steady and safe 13.5v for a safe flash.

I used this guide to build my own and it didn't cost anymore than £50. My PSU pictures and the guide is in the links. 

Enjoy

Credit to RocketSurgeon over at BimmerBoost

DIY PSU

Images

thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Siavashsony for this post:
  • Jorbabcnman
Does it matter what guage/size jumper wires to use? Will 100amp be enough or do you think the resistance in the wire from the soldering would require the 200 amp cables?
Hello guys someone have oppinion with MST 90+ ? Also someone in EU selling flashing charger pm me pls :")
Thank you so much.
(04-13-2020, 03:36 PM)DayvG Wrote: So people always ask......should I use a charger when I flash. The answer is yes, always! 

Then people say, how much is a charger.......then when they find out they say its too much, flash anyway and risk bricking an ECU.

A high amperage PSU doesn't have to break the bank. Granted you wont get the fancy features of a dedicated PSU but you can get a steady and safe 13.5v for a safe flash.

I used this guide to build my own and it didn't cost anymore than £50. My PSU pictures and the guide is in the links. 

Enjoy

DIY PSU

Images
(11-27-2020, 04:32 PM)daikini Wrote:

Enjoy

DIY PSU

Images
Why have you just quoted my post and not typed anything?!?
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Enjoy
Thanks

DIY PSU

Images
Thanks for sharing