We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue
I had a wet headlight that failed. I have a 2013 F10 with like 150K miles on it so I figured I would replace both. Seeing as how the AHL is pricey and this is more or less a run around town driver I cheaped out and got some DNA Motoring LED headlights with the LED turn signal lights. The car had the adaptive headlights. So the left light was the one with the water problem. The right worked fine. I replaced both assemblies and put the TMS in the same side as before. Power up the car and got AHL error(expected as they aren't adaptive.) now left side worked and right failed with short circuits to turn signals everything worked on the left side. I went into ISTA + to initialize the module and the left side turn signal stopped working after that lol So did some research figured I had to go in Esys and I saw a couple articles that looked similar So i downloaded a grouping you guys had with Ista 4.10 launcher pro 2.81.1.155 and esys3.30.1 followed all the instructions around java and and copying fldcodes, etc and everything worked fine. went into E-sys and set LWR_AHL_TYP to ohne to eliminate the AHL error which worked then added another fdl change to FLC_AKtiv to nich_aktiv which was supposed to fix the cornering lights which didn't work. should note I followed the procedure all reported successful from TAL and coding it and the CAF is green when I go back in Esys. Then I went to ISTA and I attach with the enet cable and try to initialize the modules left and right and all runs fine but ABL wont go off red. I saw another article where someone disabled voltage monitoring on the single bulb headlight assembly because it said they redirect the voltage from the high beam to the turn signal lights. and they changed three parameters that began with AUSG_09... can't remember the rest or refind the article. But when I go in ISTA it is showing a short to the turn signals anbove 10 volts so I am thinking I have the monitoring issue I just am not seeing those values on a search of frm. Could it be I have another version of the ECU FDL that doesnt have them or maybe a more recent copy that has LED information somewhere else? At a loss the high and low beams work fine the halos are on the ones with the headlights I have left and right turn signal faults now and daytiem running lamp failure. Based on all of the errors and same error going to a light that worked after the initialize procedure I am pretty sure it is all coding but don't know what to do to fix it? First time doing all this so any detailed help would be appreciated. Thanks so much
https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread....461&page=4 this is the link with the three settings but I was unable to find them unless I missed it anyone know where they are? thanks
Looking at some similar posts I am not seeing tms modules in the tree they show up in an unknown status in ista+ so I am thinking I have to do this?

Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
2018 F06 Alpina B6 ... [4.36]
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytreefriend View Post
Thanks Shawn,. Is there some simple guideline how to do it? (I mean, CAFD injection + VIN entry procedure. Hope the VO coding will be the simplest thing after that all....
It would be as follows:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired ECU => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

But I downloaded 4.28.41 lite and I am thinking to do this I should have the full version but the link here no longer works . Is there a link for that version or another version that will work with what I have installed I noted above? Thanks
okay I downloaded psdzdata 4.33.31 full deleted the old psdz lite out of c:\data and installed 4.33.31 full in its place. I did the:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on desired ECU => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

That went fine as I hadn't deleted 524 from FA so when I detected caf for SWE it but the Adaptive headlight failure back so I coded that to OHne on lwr_ahl_type and FLC_Aktiv to nich_aktiv then coded that FDL and the cafd was green. Went over to ISta connected read all faults then cleared them all, then went into service mgmt functions CU list drilled into Body then Lighting had a red ABL so I went through the process said both left and right didn't need to be initialized then it asked if i wanted to adapt the LED's I said yes did both left and right told me to turn lights off and on which I did and I saw it go through the reference procedure I think it was called. I could see and hear it controlling the lghts interestingly it lights the turn signal corners up in the process on both sides.. But still no bueno on turn signals I am thinking there is another setting in FRM to make this work because the one light worked no problem for weeks until I tried to update the software to correct this issue
for anyone that goes through this make sure they send you the correct headlights. Looks like the wrong model was in the website so that is why they didnt work. Although one did for a coupel weeks who knows. I am getting a refund