We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 F30 Software Update Issue
I am new to F30's but not BMW's. I recently purchased the vehicle in the subject line.  I went to bmw.com/update and downloaded the newest update for her.  I formated my usb, copied the file over from computer.  placed usb in slot under arm rest.  went to settings and selected update software.  The car keeps saying no media on usb.  Is there a coding for the usb plug that needs updating to read this file.  I can plug my iphone into the usb port and it charges. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph
Dear Joseph, you should use glove box usb port to install your update, not under arm rest.
Make sure you format your usb with FAT32.

Hope it helps.
(03-24-2022, 05:45 PM)qevalla Wrote: Dear Joseph, you should use glove box usb port to install your update, not under arm rest.

Hope it helps
Qevalla, there is no usb port in the glove box.

(03-24-2022, 05:45 PM)qevalla Wrote: Dear Joseph, you should use glove box usb port to install your update, not under arm rest.

Hope it helps.
I removed the piece that holds the usb and aux connector.  Turned them over for a few wacks on the work bench. Low and behold there was a substantially large chunk of dust in the usb port. Took a toothpick, scrapped out what ever it was. Blew out with air.  That lint or what ever, would not allow the usb to seat all the way.  Good to go now.  Thanks for the reply!