We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iDrive Office who is right?
I'm new to the F30 series as I stated in my introduction.  Have used many programs and apps for coding and programming.  Mainly E46's for the past decade, myself and my son. My issue is with the iDrive Office application.  I will list the build options that I had decoded to see exactly what was needed to finish setting up my Rubin, the way it works best for me, and to get as much operability for the money.

P601551

Software has been updated to the newest version available.
Enhanced Bluetooth is enabled.
Has the HU-NBT unit.
Sport + coded
Folding mirrors coded
xHP used
Warning screen removed
Siri works

Why can I not get Office application to operate.  Is greyed out.  Only option on that menu is contacts.  If and how can I get complete use of the Office application. I am not one of those people who want to be looking at their phone every time it bings.

I use an iPhone 11 Pro Max.  Like VGG says, "Help a guy understand".

I have already been using Bimmercode and Bimmerlink. 

And like I mentioned, I have two laptops, one dedicated to E36 use only , and one I use only for E46, 83's and what not.  And I will have one just for this vehicle.

Help a fella with a clue.

Yes, I know that 90% of these options do not apply.  Just being through.

S1CA
S1CB
S205
S216
S249
S255
S258
S2DW
S2VB
S319
S3AG
S423
S430
S431
S459
S465
S493
S494
S4AB
S4DM
S4NE
S508
S520
S521
S522
S524
S534
S544
S563
S575
S5DS
S609
S645
S676
S693
S697
S6AC
S6AE
S6AK
S6AM
S6AP
S6NR
S6NS
S6WA
S823
S845
S853
S867
S8KL
S8S4
S8TN
S925
S992
S993
S9AA
SA090
SKLED

Respectfully,
Joseph
Do you need to subscribe to connected drive?
(03-26-2022, 06:52 AM)ir655 Wrote: Do you need to subscribe to connected drive?
I do not know if I need to or not?  so many conflicting reports of how to accomplish this.  from what i have read all over the place, I should be able to code the modules and my phone to recieve emails and text in the idrive.  but really do not know where to start.  I know e series in and out.  my first f30.  i assume given the specs of the car listed above that this should be possible.  I believe i have all the correct hardware.  but a lot of i did this and i did that out there.  

Thanks for the reply
Joseph
(03-26-2022, 07:15 AM)NDA Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 06:52 AM)ir655 Wrote: Do you need to subscribe to connected drive?
I do not know if I need to or not?  so many conflicting reports of how to accomplish this.  from what i have read all over the place, I should be able to code the modules and my phone to recieve emails and text in the idrive.  but really do not know where to start.  I know e series in and out.  my first f30.  i assume given the specs of the car listed above that this should be possible.  I believe i have all the correct hardware.  but a lot of i did this and i did that out there.  

Thanks for the reply
Joseph

I am in no way an expert in this area, I have done some basic coding just for my own F11 NBT.

My car has subscription to connected drive from factory and has the office meny in the idrive (not grayed out).

Just a heads up that the 3G network does not work anymore since they have dropped it in Europe at least. I used to be able to start my Aux heater via the app and send destinations to the Nav via the app, but those things dont work anymore.

I think you need the connecteddrive subscription from what I've read, however dont quote me on that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ir655 for this post:
  • NDA
Thanks for the information ir655. I will look at that here shortly.
(03-26-2022, 03:04 PM)NDA Wrote: Thanks for the information ir655.  I will look at that here shortly.
Hey there guy!  I managed somehow to get the system to let me send a text via voice command. But still on the hunt for more information. Some say their way works, and others say their way works.  seams to be no one correct answer I suppose depending on the car.
Hey. Just regarding the text messages. To get them up on the idrive you need to go to Bluetooth settings in your phone and select your car. In there should be a box to tick “show notifications”. Tick that.