We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ista+ 4.39.20 and VCX SE programming
Hi
has any 1 got a VCX SE and able to programme with it using ista+ 4.39.20 standalone activated one. ??
and or what version of ista did you get it working with programming.

as every time i enter programming ie software update in ista errors come up saying faulty icom connections
it runs grand doing diagnostics, ive a power supply hooked up and ista reports about 14 volts

ive DOIP turned on in vxmanager and it gets my vin. ive latest vxmanager and bmw icom loaded
which says it supports upto ista 4.42
ive full psdzdata.

i factory coded 2 ecu`s in esys 3.40 and that went ok bar i had to read ecu 2 times as first time it didnt see EPS
same thing happened in ista no comminucation with EPS on first scan but see`s EPS on second scan.
ive seen that on youtube re EPS not showing up first time.

i know im not the only 1 with this problem as have seen posts on different forums about this but theres never a answer/fix
i think people just told to use ESYS to programme and do

i know i know i can programme with esys but i like to get VCX se working with programming in ista as thats why i bought it.
I’ve seen this being discussed in the past and have seen people report it’s an issue with 4.39.20 and no issues with prior versions.

Your best bet will be to wait for a driver update from VCX and try an older ISTA+ versions in the meanwhile!

You can use whichever PSdZData you have or desire with an earlier ISTA version.

Try to enable VCX logging and post the log? It may give us a clue of why it’s failing.
Ista+ 4.39.20 offers advanced programming capabilities, particularly with VCX SE integration. This synergy enhances diagnostic and coding procedures, ensuring precise and efficient vehicle configurations. A seamless experience for technicians, enabling comprehensive maintenance and optimization of vehicle systems.PM kisan status
Photo 
(02-28-2024, 10:56 PM)Vinz Wrote: I’ve seen this being discussed in the past and have seen people report it’s an issue with 4.39.20 and no issues with prior versions.

Your best bet will be to wait for a driver update from VCX and try an older ISTA+ versions in the meanwhile!

You can use whichever PSdZData you have or desire with an earlier ISTA version.

Try to enable VCX logging and post the log? It may give us a clue of why it’s failing.
it seems the vxmanager that comes with vcx se is loading a older firmware onto the vcx as while during transfer it shows its transferring 1.4.5-520
but when its finished it says 1.4.7. 230728 install complete

also when you click firmware in vxmanager and it opens  the firmware update window if you click on the bmw icom firmware number thats in blue it opens the allscanner webpage detailing the versions and update history and shows that icom driver only supports ista 4.34.xx i think it said .

and here is a screen grab of itoolradar which actually showed 2 different firmware revs one day after the next which i cant explain other then i was using esys in between
ok i cant see how to insert pic here from my pc