We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BimmerUtility Suggestions/Feedback
hello
The code created in the current chart editor is as follows
I don't have any comments.Is it possible?
comment="GENTLEMAN"

<cafd id="00002259" name="SM2" author="takeshi.n" series="S15A">
        <code description="[2/2] Passenger seat operation BDC-BODY2 is also coded">
            <group id="3000">
                <function start="2" end="2" comment="GENTLEMAN" mask="01000000b">aktiv</function>
                <!-- Default nicht_aktiv [00] → aktiv [01] -->
            </group>
        </code>
    </cafd>

And the backup of FSC is still in the middle
BU crashes Huh
Hi and thanks for this excellent utility

When i click on backup bu crash in the middle 

Settings for icom is not persistent after closing bu

Thanks in advance
Bought BU a few days ago and have tested it only on one car and so far I like it. I was afraid that, coming from E-SysX, adding an extra app in the process would be somewhat clumsy, but it's actually more comfortable to use then a launcher. Really like how it automatically picks up after reading coding data. But I was also unable to do a backup. At different random moments BU just crashed and closed. NCD compare, FDL editing and FA editor worked fine. Would love to see a search/filter function in ncd compare too.

Update: Today I was successfully able to do a back up of an f20. Previous car that failed was a 2020 i3.
Have been using it for a few weeks now and most of the times the backup function crashes at random modules and BU shuts down. Success rate is probably around 20-25% so far.
(03-03-2023, 01:03 PM)KristjanL Wrote: Have been using it for a few weeks now and most of the times the backup function crashes at random modules and BU shuts down. Success rate is probably around 20-25% so far.

I have the same thing. Opening specific NCD files also causes crashes.
Reported this 4 weeks ago but no answer/solution so far
Is the ambient light editor still comming?

Been a while since the last update, is there still development on BU?
2 new updates in a row. Loving the new coding options .. this is a game changer. Also have successfully done 2 backups in a row of different cars (f31, f06). Hoping it got fixed now.

Update: The backup function seems to be fixed, has worked every time so far. Loving the new home screen with direct coding options. Have found 2 bugs so far.
1) BU was unable to code new EDC damper on f11. Probably becuse detect cafd only gave it only one cafd instead of two. Assume the problem may arise every time a module needs more than one cafd?
2) Write NCD seems to fail for the first attempt on a module. Read ncd, edit ncd, save ncd and then when I try to write it just doesn't. The progress bar doesn't even show up. When I read ncd again, edit it again, save it and then, on the second attempt, it successfully writes the ncd.

Otherwise a very nice product! Recommend!
hello
I am currently using the Beamer Utility program well.
There is a bug after updating to 1.50, so I leave a comment.
When you change the language in the settings and return to the original language, there is a phenomenon that the program is turned off, and it does not turn on even after rebooting. If you change the language, a language folder and dll file are created in the program folder location. If you delete the language folder, it will reboot. please check.
Also, please add a function to fix the menu in the settings. thank you
Yesterday stumbled on an issue again. On an F30, bimmerutility was unable to connect to NBT2. NBT2 CAFD was missing in the backup file, it did not show up on the home screen and BU was unable to read FSC status from it, giving an error message of no connection to head unit. E-Sys, Ista and FeatureInstaller all worked on the same car. Before that I had updated the i-step to latest with ISTA. BU received an update before using it yesterday. I'm not sure if the issue came with the last update.

The backup function works as a charm otherwise. No crashing so far.
(05-30-2023, 11:24 AM)cuihuming Wrote: hello
I am currently using the Beamer Utility program well.
There is a bug after updating to 1.50, so I leave a comment.
When you change the language in the settings and return to the original language, there is a phenomenon that the program is turned off, and it does not turn on even after rebooting. If you change the language, a language folder and dll file are created in the program folder location. If you delete the language folder, it will reboot. please check.
Also, please add a function to fix the menu in the settings. thank you

I have some problem.
Conacted BU they said delete whole BU folder and re-install.