We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIC corrupts HDD ?
A year ago I updated my -08 E92 CCC system to CIC incl Combox. CIC and combox of a 2012 donor vehicle, C1A firmware, patched.

A couple of weeks ago the CIC system started to go into an endless loop of restarting itself. It tries to load the navigation data and restarts over and over.

I removed the HDD, and the restart stops. Everything but nav, phonebook etc and music stored on the HDD works. This made me believe that there was a issue with the harddrive and maybe one or more of the partitions got corrupted. So I rebuild a new harddrive, CF card instead of the old IDE disk. I managed to source a clean working disk and restored all six partitions on the disk, including new navigation data. I did not use any partitions of my original disk as I was unsure what data that was actually corrupted. The CIC starts up normally, loads navigation data, does a restart and everything works including navigation. Then I turn of the vehicle for a couple of minutes and restart the car. The navigation again goes into an endless restart loop. I then sourced another complete working HDD of a donor car. Same story: navigation loads, CIC spontaneously does one restart - everything works - shut off vehicle and start up - endless restart loop.

I then rebuild a new clean disk. This time with a clean partition 1 - no navigation data. CIC starts as normal, everything works except navigation of course. System is stable without any restarts.

To me it seems like the CIC corrupts the HDD when there is navigation data on the disk. Like it tries to load the maps and somehow damages the map data. Is this possible ? Can this be a glitch in the firmware on the CIC ? Anyone seen or heard of similar cases ?