We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
m button audio source switching - help?
Hi all - have retrofitted M drive on my e90m3, with SZL from an m-drive optioned car. I factory coded all ecus after adding $2md, and while the m button now works, it also occasionally still switches the audio source at the same time (which is what the button does on non-mdrive cars).

Is there a way to stop the source switching? When I did the retrofit it still had 0908 as the build year, which i changed to 0311 after and then factory coded Kombi (blinding hoping for it to fix it somehow, it did not - and I have an NBTEvo retrofitted which makes things a bit more complicated).
(07-30-2022, 10:39 AM)jaeyon Wrote: Hi all - have retrofitted M drive on my e90m3, with SZL from an m-drive optioned car. I factory coded all ecus after adding $2md, and while the m button now works, it also occasionally still switches the audio source at the same time (which is what the button does on non-mdrive cars).

Is there a way to stop the source switching? When I did the retrofit it still had 0908 as the build year, which i changed to 0311 after and then factory coded Kombi (blinding hoping for it to fix it somehow, it did not - and I have an NBTEvo retrofitted which makes things a bit more complicated).

This will likely need the option changed in your NBT EVO ENBT emulator. I know bimmerretrofit adaptor has a specific setting to toggle between M drive button or change source button on their firmware options.
(08-05-2022, 06:44 AM)bryce007 Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 10:39 AM)jaeyon Wrote: Hi all - have retrofitted M drive on my e90m3, with SZL from an m-drive optioned car. I factory coded all ecus after adding $2md, and while the m button now works, it also occasionally still switches the audio source at the same time (which is what the button does on non-mdrive cars).

This will likely need the option changed in your NBT EVO ENBT emulator. I know bimmerretrofit adaptor has a specific setting to toggle between M drive button or change source button on their firmware options.
Thanks for this! I didn't realise this was possible but I've found the method now for the adaptor, appreciate it!!