We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Fuses for hardwire dashcam
i everyone,

Yesterday I bought a VIOFO A129 PRO DUO 4K Dashcam.
It comes without fuses. I need to order the fuse kit as well.
My question is, does anybody knows where to plug them? in what fuse number?
I have an F31, but I think F30 has the same exact fuses.

The kit is coming with 3 wires, red for 24/7 power to dashcam, yellow is for ACC (accesories I think), and the black wire is the ground.
As far as I know, there are 4 kind of fuses. ATC, ATS, MICRO2 and MINI.
Can somebody advise where and what to plug for 24/7 fuse and what and where to plug for engine on?
It has voltage protection and if the battery drops to the configured value, it doesn`t give power to dashcam to not drain the battery.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: 
I connected the dashcam wires to fuses from the boot on #161 (RED) and #143 (yellow) but I was getting the battery drain error.
In the end I simply connected the hardwire directly to FEM as per diagram.
Yellow cable to #33
Red cable to #20
Black(ground) to #24
Everything is working perfectly fine and much easier to hardwire to FEM than fusebox.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
When i hardwired my Thinkware 800Pro I had to use MINI piggy back fuse. i connected it to RADIO fuse. My car is X1 F48 so not too sure if yours is the same number as I think you have your fuses box in boot Huh
(04-25-2020, 09:20 PM)pz_szczecin Wrote: When i hardwired my Thinkware 800Pro I had to use MINI piggy back fuse. i connected it to RADIO fuse. My car is X1 F48 so not too sure if yours is the same number as I think you have your fuses box in boot Huh
Thank you,
All sorted now. I hardwire it to the FEM to bypass the battery drain message and now I have parking surveillance mode active. I set it up to cut power when the voltage is under 12.2V and is perfect now.
I need to change mine to 12.2V as well as 12V was set as default and I got battery drainage warning today
I was getting that error message as well, no matter what the cut off power was set to. The reason is because of the fuse box.
You just have to get rid of the fuse, make everything as it was before and tap the wires into the FEM. That`s the BMW option to hardwire the dashcam. I found this option by searching how to hardwire the BMW Advanced Eye dashcam and I connect mine exactly as per factory instructions.