We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M5 shift knob retrofit
Dear all

I just got my Chinese M5 shift knob upgrade and installed those last Sunday.

The quality is surprisingly good (130 USD), I can see/feel no difference to the original knob.

Unfortunately, I do have a problem after installation. Whenever I stop driving (D or R) and come to a short standstill, there comes the theme gong (no error in the screen) and the D in the cluster, and the knob is blinking for about 3-4 seconds. I can drive normally and everything behaves normally, but this happens at every standstill.

Now I took my BimmerLink to check if there are any codes saved and yes I found 3 codes for the knob, I will attach the screenshots. What is strange, is the code is saying "Error not present currently but stored", but I cannot delete/clear those codes.

Has anyone an idea what it could be? I talked with many people which have installed this knob and nobody had a problem like me. I also dismantled and reinstalled everything again yesterday to be sure no button stucks or something else. Everything seems to be fine.

I tried to upload a video from the issue, but is not working. Maybe too big.

Thanks for help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think I posted this in the wrong category. Can an admin change it?
Does the fault disappear if you install stock knob?
I found the issue already. The "P" button was stuck a bit and had always contact.

Working fine now.
where did you buy the pen, and how was it installed?
You can find this kit online, depending on the region you are leaving.
I live in southeast Asia and here we are using AliExpress.
In Europe, I think you can also find them on Amazon or maybe eBay. But I suggest AliExpress.

The costs vary between 120 USD and 200 USD.

It is a kit, you need to dismantle the original gear knob and after assemble (piece by piece) the aftermarket one.