We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog light malfunction
using ista 4.39.20 encoding FMR everything went smooth, accepted after the fact.  Now showing Fog Light Malfunction, prior everything works normal no error code.  So weird is that now if I hit the fog light button, both automatic low beam and fog light are led up.  But look like automatic light button is on throw me a Fog Light Malfunction.??try to clear out errors but won't goes away..reset a foot module still not clear. any help will be greatly appreciated.
What errors are you getting?
(03-06-2023, 03:19 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: What errors are you getting?
Fog Lamp Malfunction, strange thing now is that when I turn on the fog light both low beam and fog light led up same time.  But then the Fog Lamp Malfunction goes away.  This fog lamp is came standard for all 11 750li, not something that add on or retrofit. Thanxs
Pressing foglight button will always turn low beam on also if you light switch is in Auto mode, depending on what your switch is set to will determine if low beam will turn on or not.
(03-06-2023, 04:57 PM)ir655 Wrote: Pressing foglight button will always turn low beam on also if you light switch is in Auto mode, depending on what your switch is set to will determine if low beam will turn on or not.
I always turn on Auto Switch, but before never getting "Fog Lamp Malfunction", but now as soon as i turn on the engine "Fog Lamp Malfunction" pop up right away. if i turn on Fog Light and it's on and working not that is completed dead the Warning "Fog Lamp Malfunction" disappeared. If I would turn the Fog Light off the warning pop up again. Even when I turn off the headlight completely, still getting the errors.
Whats the specific fault code number in ISTA? Did you follow the calculated service plan ISTA generates for the fault?
(03-06-2023, 05:57 PM)ir655 Wrote: Whats the specific fault code number in ISTA? Did you follow the calculated service plan ISTA generates for the fault?
yes i did, follow all necessary test and procedure but no good results..I even attempt to Re-encoding finish without any issues.  On ISTA there was an option for encoding. seem like a permanently code can't even clear the code.  Google search suggested to use e-sys to flash instead, but I not attempted to do that yet.  Since I don't know much about e-sys. ISTA errors code FRM-3CT-FR 0x800F3A Fog lamp left, and FRM-3CT-FRM 0x800F3B right Fog lamp...