We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just starting in coding, programming...What's needed?
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in the BMW coding/programming but I would like to go further with my E92 and F31 BMWs..

I looked already over the web, finding a lot of new terms that aren't easy to understand at first... I would like to know, as you're experts in this field, what do I have to get to be able to update my vehicles maps, disable the seat belt bip, enable US style turning light, select the sport mode by default in place of the comfort, or unlock features that are there but just not enabled... 

Which software do I need, and also what kind of cable or bluetooth adapter?

Second thing, I would like to have the BMW instructions that could guide me to access to some part of my car. If I remember correctly that something that needs a software and also a database file, but I cannot remember the name...

Thank you in advance for your help/input!!

P.S.: If you have some good links to videos/tutorials/guides for newbie in coding like me, they are welcome :-)
You can use bimmercode for both e92 and f31 with the Bluetooth adapter.
For e series you can use other software like ncsexpert and for f series you can use esys. Both require different cables. Dcan cable for e series and enet cable for esys.
I can send you the cheat sheets for coding
(10-23-2022, 03:34 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: You can use bimmercode for both e92 and f31 with the Bluetooth adapter.
For e series you can use other software like ncsexpert and for f series you can use esys. Both require different cables. Dcan cable for e series and enet cable for esys.
I can send you the cheat sheets for coding

Thank you for your answer!!

So bimmercode is enough to do everything on my car? Like to update GPS maps, reset the xDrive transfer box, initiate the car after changing the battery, check the default and get information about them?

From what I've seen bimmercode is just an Android/iOS app? There's no Windows version?

Finally, you talked about other software like ncsexpert or Esys. What do they have more than Bimmercode?

Thank you again and have a good Sunday!
Sorry to disturb you guys, but it would be appreciate, and probably useful for new users like me, to get information/help on this topic, "how to start coding?"

Thank you for your help
Look in the bimmerfest forums. You should find all you need there
Helo, If you have Windows 7 or 10?
Because for e sys isn't the same version E-sys 3.30.1 and Launcher 2.8.1 on W10.
Good Luck.