We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help needed - changing ENTRYNAV HU
Hey guys,

I have a BMW F45 with ENTRYNAV without MOST port. I wish to change to another ENTRYNAV HU with MOST port so I can retrofit 6WA kombi.

Is it possible to exchange the headunit and use FSC repair kit from the old HU to the new HU?
Can anyone guide me how to do this? Need to virginize the donor HU first?
have you managed to do the swap?
Dyno Tested Stage 1 / 2 ECU Remap
TCU Remap
Checksum Correction
Custom Power Supply
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda Off and many more.
(04-20-2023, 02:08 AM)adelin731 Wrote: have you managed to do the swap?

Yes I bought a used ENTRYNAV with MOST port.

First I cleared FSC, VIN with Tool32
Then injected CAFD and coded with E-SYS
Used E-SYS to add FSC from FSC Repair kit

Everything works except I don't have older map file (<2018) to activate navigation. Because my repair kit FSC for the map is too old Sad
(05-26-2023, 03:35 AM)maxxsp Wrote:

Everything works except I don't have older map file (<2018) to activate navigation. Because my repair kit FSC for the map is too old Sad
I swapped my head unit also, but I got the hu_champ2 and I'm not able to get the navigation working because my fsc codes are rejected Sad
Will I be able to get tool32 on it now once is already coded to the car?
TCU Remap
Checksum Correction
Custom Power Supply
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
E85 Conversion
(05-26-2023, 05:58 AM)adelin731 Wrote:

I swapped my head unit also, but I got the hu_champ2 and I'm not able to get the navigation working because my fsc codes are rejected Sad

If your other FSC codes are working then there should be no need to wipe the HU with tool32 again. You can check FSCstatus in E-SYS to confirm your HU correctly reports your vehicle vin.

I think you are facing the same problem as me. Your replacement HU has a map loaded on it that is not valid with your FSC.

In my case the replacement HU has europe map data so my repair pack FSC code (for southeast asia map) cannot activate. I either need to buy new ROUTE FSC for 2022 map update or find the older map file.

In your case you can generate new FSC for MOVE map using FSC generator and use the latest map file.
(05-26-2023, 07:20 AM)maxxsp Wrote:

If your other FSC codes are working then there should be no need to wipe the HU with tool32 again. You can check FSCstatus in E-SYS to confirm your HU correctly reports your vehicle vin.

I think you are facing the same problem as me. Your replacement HU has a map loaded on it that is not valid with your FSC.

In my case the replacement HU has europe map data so my repair pack FSC code (for southeast asia map) cannot activate. I either need to buy new ROUTE FSC for 2022 map update or find the older map file.

In your case you can generate new FSC for MOVE map using FSC generator and use the latest map file.
I never wiped the hu, I just bought it and VO coded to the car, that's all. So, if I'm right, I need to wipe it with tool32, then vo code and after that use the fsc repair kit. Do you mind explaining to me step by step, I never had to deal with maps and fsc codes. Thanks in advance.
TCU Remap
Checksum Correction
Custom Power Supply
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
E85 Conversion
(05-26-2023, 09:54 AM)adelin731 Wrote:

I never wiped the hu, I just bought it and VO coded to the car, that's all. So, if I'm right, I need to wipe it with tool32, then vo code and after that use the fsc repair kit. Do you mind explaining to me step by step, I never had to deal with maps and fsc codes. Thanks in advance.
Open Tool32 and load your HU file "champ2.prg"
- Find job: steuern_persistency_clear (might be a variation of this depending on HU type)
- Type 0x01 in the argument box
- Double click on job to run

Then use E-SYS, Comfort mode>FSC to load your repair pack certs and install FSC codes
(05-26-2023, 11:17 AM)maxxsp Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 03:35 AM)maxxsp Wrote: Yes I bought a used ENTRYNAV with MOST port.

- Find job: steuern_persistency_clear (might be a variation of this depending on HU type)

Then use E-SYS, Comfort mode>FSC to load your repair pack certs and install FSC codes
That's great, but where do i get the hu file "champ2.prg" from?
TCU Remap
Checksum Correction
Custom Power Supply
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
E85 Conversion
(05-26-2023, 11:19 AM)adelin731 Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 11:17 AM)maxxsp Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 05:58 AM)adelin731 Wrote: I swapped my head unit also, but I got the hu_champ2 and I'm not able to get the navigation working because my fsc codes are rejected Sad

That's great, but where do i get the hu file "champ2.prg" from?

It's from within the Tool32 installation, you need to open that file
HI HOW DO YOU CLEAR FSC ON ENTRY NAV TO PUT THE REPAIR CODE