We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esys error help please
Hello All
I am looking for a little help.  I have installed Esys 3.30.1 & Launcher Pro 2.8.1 and activated on my Windows 10 laptop.  It launches and connects ok but when I try to "read coding data" it errors out saying it is out of memory, see attached pic.  I have had some great help from a couple guys on the Facebook page but it was suggested to post the question here because we are all stumped.  

I have set the memory setting in the Launcher to 3000 and even 5000 (4096) but that doesn't resolve the issue.  I tried the JRE_HOME environment variable, as suggested by one of the guys.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Java per the instructions again and confirmed they installed by seeing them in the add/remove programs.  Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

I was told there might be some Guru's here that may have some other ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I was helping him with this issue, I ran out of possibilities, any other ideas from someone here?
(05-01-2020, 01:42 AM)JoeBagO Wrote:
Hello All
I am looking for a little help. I have installed Esys 3.30.1 & Launcher Pro 2.8.1 and activated on my Windows 10 laptop. It launches and connects ok but when I try to "read coding data" it errors out saying it is out of memory, see attached pic. I have had some great help from a couple guys on the Facebook page but it was suggested to post the question here because we are all stumped.

I have set the memory setting in the Launcher to 3000 and even 5000 (4096) but that doesn't resolve the issue. I tried the JRE_HOME environment variable, as suggested by one of the guys. I uninstalled/reinstalled Java per the instructions again and confirmed they installed by seeing them in the add/remove programs. Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

I was told there might be some Guru's here that may have some other ideas?

are you using 32 or 64 bit version?
64 Bit
If you are forced to run E‐Sys using default memory settings (512MB), you can help it by moving some PSdZData folders
you never use. Some folders you can safely move, so long as you don't own a series which uses them are the series
folders insidekiswb. I have F30 so I moved the following folder:
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\S15A (used by G‐Series)
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\K001 and C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\KE01 (used by BMW motorcycle?)
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\RR01 (used by Rolls Royce)
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\I001 (used by i‐3, i‐8)
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb\F056 (used by Mini)
Moving the above folders prevent E‐Sys from reading database associated with these series. These databases are read
on startup and kept in memory while E‐Sys is running, using precious memory.
If you have plenty of RAM and can run at least using the medium settings, then moving the above folders are not
required. Again, only do this if you are forced to run using default memory settings
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rob for this post:
  • JoeBagO
I am not sure how to know if I am forced to use default memory, I should have plenty??
Try using 3.28.1
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag 
i just had this issue yesterday -

all sorted now- pm me if you want me to have a try.