We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit 8.8 screen stays black
Hi everyone,

I successfully retrofitted a F30 8.8 TOUCH screen (8709339) on my 2018 F20 with ENTRYNAV2.
After a little bit of coding everything is working fine and the new screen is in place.

Now comes the fun part... After driving +/- 30min the screen went black and did not turn on again. (no "NO SIGNAL" message or something, just black.)

Diagnostics:
With ISTA I can see the error code B7F8C3 and no functions are working.
Connecting my old 6.5 screen I see everything working well (after coding it back to 6.5).
Tried to recode the scree multiple times nothing happened.

Anyone has ideas ? Did someone also encounter this problem ? I hope the screen I just bought didn't die 30min after....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kractucs for this post:
  • adelin731
(06-22-2023, 10:44 AM)Kractucs Wrote: Hi everyone,

I successfully retrofitted a F30 8.8 TOUCH screen (8709339) on my 2018 F20 with ENTRYNAV2.
After a little bit of coding everything is working fine and the new screen is in place.

Now comes the fun part... After driving +/- 30min the screen went black and did not turn on again. (no "NO SIGNAL" message or something, just black.)

Diagnostics:
With ISTA I can see the error code B7F8C3 and no functions are working.
Connecting my old 6.5 screen I see everything working well (after coding it back to 6.5).
Tried to recode the scree multiple times nothing happened.

Anyone has ideas ? Did someone also encounter this problem ? I hope the screen I just bought didn't die 30min after....
to me it seems to be a screen problem and nothing to do with the coding or the car
ECU Remap Stage 1 / 2
Checksum Correction
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda and many more.