We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBTEVO_Y Bimmercode cannot read head unit.
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the BMW coding scene. 

I'm trying to activate Car Play on my NBT Evo using Bimmer code

When trying to read the head unit i get the error 'coding not supported/possible' Using Vlinker MC Wifi to connect

Software version is updated to latest from dealership and no custom activation has been done

Version information on the installed software has the following information

`101153.3.221
Road Map Europe EVO 2016-2
NBTevo_Y23236I

Automatic Map Update
GB, IE2019-4`

Is there some way to get past this?

Do i need to get the car play update from third party guys on ebay? How do I guard against some shady person embedding malware into the software image.
Even if I do take the risk, can I flash the received file using vlinker FC or do I need to get an Enet Cable.?
You can´t activate Carplay with Bimmercode. You must use feature installer
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JSC for this post:
  • rookie_bimmer
(10-23-2023, 10:06 AM)JSC Wrote: You can´t activate Carplay with Bimmercode. You must use feature installer
Thanks for the confirmation. I had come to the same conclusion.
I have a couple of follow up questions

1. Can I use feature installer to do it myself?
2. Will I need to get an enet cable to DIY or can I install it using VLinker Wifi. As I understand, Vlinker Wifi is just a wireless enet cable.
(10-23-2023, 10:51 AM)rookie_bimmer Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:06 AM)JSC Wrote: You can´t activate Carplay with Bimmercode. You must use feature installer
Thanks for the confirmation. I had come to the same conclusion.
I have a couple of follow up questions

1. Can I use feature installer to do it myself?
2. Will I need to get an enet cable to DIY or can I install it using VLinker Wifi. As I understand, Vlinker Wifi is just a wireless enet cable.
Yes you need enet cable and Feature installer + feature installer code if you don´t have it
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JSC for this post:
  • rookie_bimmer
Thanks again.
I can get the feature installer.
But how to get the code?
Do I need to purchase it?

As I understand it 3rd party vendors can install /activate the feature into the car's head unit. But how do I guard against someone injecting something malicious into the car?
Thanks. This makes it fairly clear. There are several vendors that offer this service.
How do I distinguish legit vendors from someone who might try and inject some malware into the car?
(10-21-2023, 03:14 PM)rookie_bimmer Wrote: Hi everyone.

When trying to read the head unit i get the error 'coding not supported/possible' Using Vlinker MC Wifi to connect

Software version is updated to latest from dealership and no custom activation has been done

`101153.3.221
NBTevo_Y23236I

Automatic Map Update
GB, IE2019-4`

Do i need to get the car play update from third party guys on ebay? How do I guard against some shady person embedding malware into the software image.
Even if I do take the risk, can I flash the received file using vlinker FC or do I need to get an Enet Cable.?

Bimmercode supports NBTEVO_Y Carplay full screen activation(I did that last weekend). If you ever using other tool mod Carplay, Bimmercode can not access Head unit anymore.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ckbingge_ for this post:
  • rookie_bimmer
(10-24-2023, 02:42 PM)ckbingge_ Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 03:14 PM)rookie_bimmer Wrote: Hi everyone.

`101153.3.221
NBTevo_Y23236I

Automatic Map Update
GB, IE2019-4`

Bimmercode supports NBTEVO_Y Carplay full screen activation(I did that last weekend). If you ever using other tool mod Carplay, Bimmercode can not access Head unit anymore.
Thanks. As I understand it, Bimmer code can only activate full screen if car play is already installed.
In my case, Car play is not even installed.
No custom flashing has ever been done on this unit. Bimmercode still can't read it. I am still looking for a reason for that.
I had the same problem after reflashed all the modules and brought the NBTEvo to Y version. Now you can only access it with E-Sys