We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side/Daytime Light Bulb Check
Question 
Hi all,
Does anyone know if it’s possible to completely disable the bulb check for the side/daytime lights? 
2013 F30 with BiXenon HID Headlights
Ive tried setting them to LED and making sure the Kalt and Warm checks are set to Nicht_Aktiv for L and R TFL on the FEM but I’m still getting errors on my dash. 

I changed my Halo LED modules out for some RGBW ones that are externally powered so the OEM plug is seeing no current draw at all, so that’s why I think i need to completely disable the bulb check, if possible. 
Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Did you do for both headlights and sidemarkers?
(01-08-2023, 06:40 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Did you do for both headlights and sidemarkers?

Yeah I did. I went through and disabled the check for every set of lights in the FEM one at a time and it's still throwing an error up so I'm at a bit of a loss unfortunately.
What errors are you getting?
(01-11-2023, 06:21 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: What errors are you getting?
Error Code: 8041F7
Error Description: Left headlight driver module (TMS): daytime running light or left position light defective.
Error Status: Error present and stored.
You changed both LED modules but only the left has errros?
(01-11-2023, 09:05 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: You changed both LED modules but only the left has errros?

2 on each side but yeah only left is showing an error it seems. I installed these about 1.5yrs ago and theyre only throwing codes in the last couple of days. I believe theres a small circuit thats practiacally just a resistor that is meant to trick the car in to thinking the leds are fine, since the aftermarket ones are powered from an external PSU/controller, so I think one of the circuits on the left side has gone bad. It's a PITA to get to the modules so I'm hoping theres a way to just code out the globe check completely or at least stop the fault warning showing up on the instrument cluster.
If you have disabled the check then the LED module is faulty. You can try disabling the CC messages in cluster by coding.
(01-13-2023, 01:56 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: If you have disabled the check then the LED module is faulty. You can try disabling the CC messages in cluster by coding.
Do you know how I can code out these two CC-IDs? 378 (left) 379 (right).  Can’t find anything on it.
3001 CC_ID_Sperre (CC ID lock), 64

CC_AKTIVIERUNG_6 (CC 6 ACTIVATION)

XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, FF --> XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, XX, F3
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheNine90 for this post:
  • jessem