We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISTA-D last version to support E36 (ADS Protocol)??
Is it known what was the last version of ISTA-D that supported the E36 (ADS)??

Thanks you!!
I don't know what Interface you mean with ADS.
But with the BMW ICOM NEXT I used the newest ISTA-D at an e36 1995 without Problems.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DiagnosticFreak for this post:
  • Blackbird_84
(05-06-2023, 08:25 PM)DiagnosticFreak Wrote: I don't know what Interface you mean with ADS.
But with the BMW ICOM NEXT I used the newest ISTA-D at an e36 1995 without Problems.

The ADS (or KW-71) was the protocol used in diagnostic bus in BMW pre-1995, for example I use a special adapter ADS-RS232 to connect with Motronic ECU in a E36 M3 S50 Engine with DIS v57 or INPA.

With ISTA-D 4.23 I can Connect with BMW Pre 95 perfectly but I haven't tested with others most recent versions of ISTA.

The last week I connected to a E38 740D with ISTA-D 4.39.20 and this version could't diagnostic correctly the DDE4.1 Master and Slave Engine ECU, Don't show Functions such at "clear adaptations, compression test, rough running etc.." only showed "Read and Clear Faults Code", But with 4.32.15 were are available all functions.
Have you connected to the ads interface via the ista d program? wow.. I didn't hear that was possible
(01-06-2024, 03:29 PM)robertoz Wrote: Have you connected to the ads interface via the ista d program? wow.. I didn't hear that was possible
No, i am using Icom A2 (or icom clone) to connect with pre 95 model with ADS protocol.
so the ads adapter is for dis and inpa only and a2 is for ista? would ista somehow read the ads adapter via edi.ini too(like inpa does?) or not?