We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F10 chassis stabilization fault suggestions
Here is the situation.
2012 F10 N55 535i xDrive 129k miles.
This was an auction car listed with no keys. My Autel IM608 can make the key with no problem, so I buy the car. However, I was not able to preview the car because of scheduling issues (shame on me). The N55 is siezed. Multiple modules were unplugged and relays missing to intentionally mislead potential buyers as to what is really wrong with car. Borescoped all cylinders and 1-5 were remarkably clean with no signs of wear. #6 had a cracked piston causing it to be seized in the cylinder. 

Ok, here's what has been done. 
I found a donor 2011 F10 N55 535i xDrive 148k miles that had front end damage. I dropped the subframe, engine, Trans, transfer case all as one unit. Installed this assembly into 2012 with no mechanical issues. Engine runs good, but may need HPFP soon. I did the egs renew with programmer and was successful. Car runs and drives good. Then I start troubleshooting the fault codes. 2012 has start/stop feature, 2011 does not. Removed it from the SA and fault is gone. 

Ok, so here is the issue I'm struggling with. The chassis stabilization fault code says "incorrect transfer case". So I swap transfer case module with the original and perform the initialization successfully. Unfortunately, the fault still remains. 

I'm not currently I'm a position to be able to swap transfer case back to original because my 2 post lift is in storage until we secure our next shop location. 

What am I missing here? Is this something that needs to be flashed or coded to fix? From my understanding they are mechanically the same transfer case. Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
did you code or flash the current transfer?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheNine90 for this post:
  • adelin731
I have an Autel maxisys ultra that I use for all of my diagnostic work and use it to update any bmws that have newer version software available. The process it uses does the programming then codes then runs initialization.

Based on the research I've done, they used the same transfer case in 2011 & 2012.

Is this something I need to re flash and code again?
If you haven't done it then do it. Does the initialisation complete successfully?
Flash vtg with esys and it will work again
Wow! Thank you guys for your replies. Unfortunately I had to make a trip across the US for my ill father the week after I posted this. Everything in my life got put on pause after he passed. 

However, the kick ass update is that I pulled my shit together and got the original trans & transfer case swapped back into the car and stars aligned! Threw a new HPFP at it as well and the car runs and drives perfectly now! Still a N55, but hope to recover at least the $7k I have been out of pocket for this adventure for the last 2 years. 

I still prefer my 06 550i over the 2012 535i... Even if the N62 has terrible options for performance upgrades, I still think it is one of the more reliable engines they have developed. 

Thanks again for the replies. I hope to be more active here going in to 2024!