We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F86 Instrument cluster
Hi,

On the 2018 X6M F86 the instrument cluster shows the mileage in almost all instances. Middle/bottom left in the cluster. The only way not to have it visible is by pressing the br button and choose compass. 
Is there any way to code this so it is not visible all the time by using Bimmercode or something similar?

Regards,
Sean
Do you have compass enabled? It maybe that is the option available
(05-14-2023, 07:01 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Do you have compass enabled? It maybe that is the option available

Yes, that is the only way I have found where it is not visible.
What I would like to do is code it so it is only visible in one of the settings, so that both the mileage and trip fields are blank in the rest.
If you try x drive mode does the compass appear?
What fdl did you use for compass?
(05-15-2023, 11:17 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: If you try x drive mode does the compass appear?
What fdl did you use for compass?
Not sure I understand what you're asking here?
When you activate the x drive (x-view)setting in idive, does anything change?
What parameter in cluster did you try to use to enable compass?
(05-18-2023, 05:42 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: When you activate the x drive (x-view)setting in idive, does anything change?
What parameter in cluster did you try to use to enable compass?
The compass feature doesn't require any enabling, all I have to do is press the BR button on the indicator stalk to toggle between the various features like average fuel, range and so on. Compass is one of these features. My point is that mileage and trip are always visible, apart from when the compass is visible in the cluster. I would like the mileage to be hidden by default, and in stead choose it when I wish to see it.