We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6WB Cluster
Hi there anyone got a guide how to go from 6WA to 6WB, VO Coding is ok for me, Just lil bit sceptic how to set it up ?

If someone happened to have retrofitted one, how did you along coding it ( FDL Coding , like having the cluster display kmh instead of mph )
(03-31-2020, 07:02 PM)ashikaitc Wrote: Hi there anyone got a guide how to go from 6WA to 6WB, VO Coding is ok for me, Just lil bit sceptic how to set it up ?

If someone happened to have retrofitted one, how did you along coding it ( FDL Coding , like having the cluster display kmh instead of mph )

Hello,

If you have a used unit you need to remove donor VIN and Mileage.

If mileage is less than your vehicle then only need to remove the VIN.

After that it is just normal VO coding i believe

What year is the vehicle? depending on this you might need to change the date to correspond to when 6WB became available.
(03-31-2020, 07:02 PM)ashikaitc Wrote: Hi there anyone got a guide how to go from 6WA to 6WB, VO Coding is ok for me, Just lil bit sceptic how to set it up ?

Hello, 

if cluster is new its easy, if its used then DO NOT connect it to the car and you need an expert’s help.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Adel -BimmerFixes- for this post:
  • Deivydasss
(03-31-2020, 07:58 PM)Adel -BimmerFixes- Wrote:

Hello, 

if cluster is new its easy, if its used then DO NOT connect it to the car and you need an expert’s help.

Car is 2016, I would buy a new 6WB anyways . i guess plug and play then , vo code 6wb, and code kombi. as for fdl codes, u got what to code ?
(03-31-2020, 09:17 PM)ashikaitc Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 07:58 PM)Adel -BimmerFixes- Wrote:

Hello, 

Car is 2016, I would buy a new 6WB anyways . i guess plug and play then , vo code 6wb, and code kombi. as for fdl codes, u got what to code ?

Once you VO code the HU you wont need FDL, unless something is not working. Mph to kmh can be changed from iDrive settings menu.
Hello mate. I installed a use 6WB in my F10. Whilst the install wasn’t difficult it was a bit fiddly at times. Main issues being VINs, and removing them. The VIN is stored in 2 eeproms and the issue was finding a tool to erase the 95320 EEPROM. My R270 handled the 160D0WT perfectly on the board and on flashing the KOMBI and VO coding it the EEPROMS should have taken my VINs but this was not the case. I ended up having to buy a carprog programmer to erase the VIN in the 95320 and write my own. Once this was done the cluster worked perfectly.
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • leungsk
(04-01-2020, 08:35 AM)DayvG Wrote: Hello mate. I installed a use 6WB in my F10. Whilst the install wasn’t difficult it was a bit fiddly at times. Main issues being VINs, and removing them. The VIN is stored in 2 eeproms and the issue was finding a tool to erase the 95320 EEPROM. My R270 handled the 160D0WT perfectly on the board and on flashing the KOMBI and VO coding it the EEPROMS should have taken my VINs but this was not the case. I ended up having to buy a carprog programmer to erase the VIN in the 95320 and write my own. Once this was done the cluster worked perfectly.
Hi
I reset using r270 and retrofitted more than 30 6wb for f10 / 15 and I only reset the 160D0WT eeprom, nothing ever done on 95320 and everything always works perfectly and without dot red
I installed a used one in mine but it had to be coded
Same here, i have retrofitted many 6WA and 6WB but never touched 95320. Never had any problems, all worked perfectly
@smercki
Can you reset the eeprom directly on the board without desoldering using the CH314 clip ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)