We have recieved 88% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEM fried with bimmerutility by coding?
Hello all,

had a very bad experience today while coding on a friends car.

He had the strange problem that we couldn´t set the time and date in his headunit. After setting, the kombi still showed no information change and time+ date missing.

So I just coded some relevant ecu  by clicking on "code" to reset all changes which were made earlier.

After coding the FEM unit car does not start anymore. Ignition is working but it shows the fault code DTC 8040B4 starter relay. No crank.

As I know the car (F30 320D 2016 year) has no relay and it´s part of the FEM.

Anybody ever had such a problem and knows the solution? Did I just fry the FEM Unit by coding?
Coding shouldn't be able to brick a unit. You can check using esys what files are missing
(06-10-2024, 06:10 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Coding shouldn't be able to brick a unit. You can check using esys what files are missing

Could you tell me more details, what to check exactly?
If any files are missing. Likely cafd files.
What error codes are present?
(06-10-2024, 06:18 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: If any files are missing. Likely cafd files.
What error codes are present?

DTC 8040B4 Starterrelais / starter relay

Indeed when I try to select FEM_GW a pop up tells me no CAFD found for this ECU (but I think for this ECU is normal). Could this still be the problem?

Thanks a lot
Fem_gw doesn't have cafd file. Is the relay defective? Can you hear it click?
We did a test now. One guy pressing the start button in car while one creating a bridge on the crank motor. Car turns on and runs.

So I imagine really the fem module somehow died and can´t provide a signal to crank and turn the engine on.

It´s nearly impossible to find information about this stuff in google.

Really appreciate every information available since this modul is so expensive.

Thanks
Diagnose car using ISTA
I did. It shows also starter relay broken.
Seems like no other choice then cloning the fem or replacing with a new unit.