We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evo istep update
Hello!

I’m getting ready to update the istep on the evo, reading the guide it says reactivate the CarPlay/nav.bin after the istep, is this necessary? Will it retain the current fsc’s currently in it from factory?
(11-01-2020, 01:40 PM)cfeagle1989 Wrote: Hello!

I’m getting ready to update the istep on the evo, reading the guide it says reactivate the CarPlay/nav.bin after the istep, is this necessary? Will it retain the current fsc’s currently in it from factory?
yes it need to reactive, but not with USB, but with enet cable. because you will update i-level of headunit. but you lost Navi FSC code so you need to ask too who active carplay
I don't see any point to update one unit because it's nothing change.
(11-19-2020, 02:46 PM)GileraDNA Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 01:40 PM)cfeagle1989 Wrote: Hello!

yes it need to reactive, but not with USB, but with enet cable. because you will update i-level of headunit. but you lost Navi FSC code so you need to ask too who active carplay
I don't see any point to update one unit because it's nothing change.
It changes. It will be able to have full screen Carplay in case it was not possible before the update...
What I-step are you on now? Fullscreen is even possible on 03-2018 I-step..
wow haven't been on this thread in a while,
I didn't have full screen carplay, but as of today, due to the 3g sunset, bmw ended up doing a full i-step update along with the module change. They actually have it still due they forgot to enable all the FSC codes since nothing worked when they gave it back lol, they got back with me saying all codes are being accepted but navi and i know why lol.

I'll keep you guys updated.