We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAFAS2 FSC Loading
Does this procedure also work with Kafas4?
(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)DayvG Wrote: A popular retrofit is adding the KAFAS2 ECU for SLI, HBA, LDW and also collision detection. Some cars even have the KAFAS2 for LDW which requires no FSC but has the required ECU for SLI. These functions can be enabled in the ECU by loading the required FSC either by buying the FSC specific to your VIN or by loading a set from a donor car. The process is extremely simple if done correctly but if you get it wrong you can be left in a position where you need to buy a new KAFAS2 ECU. The problem with the KAFAS2 ECU is that it cannot be virginised; therefore you cannot reset it to load the same FSC if you manage to deactivate it. It will accept a new set, but never an older set. The real problems come when you burn every FSC set up to the newest, around Sep 2019, then you're screwed.

I was told that loading donor FSC was not possible on the latest ilevel but I can confirm this is not true. One thing to bear in mind is that if you run a measures plan in ISTA the FSC in the ECU will be rejected. Do not panic or worry, just load up ESYS, load the FSC and click upgrade on each FSC again. That's it, they will all be accepted again.

I have uploaded a guide that shows you how to do it correctly so you only have to do it once. As you can imagine, this ECU should never actually need new FSC codes because they shouldn't be removed/deactivated.

If you need help please ask. I have FSC sets for KAFAS2 right up to Sep 2019 and I am happy to remotely load them for you.

Finally, never ever ever ever ever ever press UPDATE or DEACTIVATE when working with these FSC. You will never need those options, just don't press them!!

Hi do you have diagram wiring for kafas 2 bmw f10  I want to retrofit my f10 and I need diagram....THANKS
(01-05-2021, 04:18 PM)tattady Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)DayvG Wrote: A popular retrofit is adding the KAFAS2 ECU for SLI, HBA, LDW and also collision detection. Some cars even have the KAFAS2 for LDW which requires no FSC but has the required ECU for SLI. These functions can be enabled in the ECU by loading the required FSC either by buying the FSC specific to your VIN or by loading a set from a donor car. The process is extremely simple if done correctly but if you get it wrong you can be left in a position where you need to buy a new KAFAS2 ECU. The problem with the KAFAS2 ECU is that it cannot be virginised; therefore you cannot reset it to load the same FSC if you manage to deactivate it. It will accept a new set, but never an older set. The real problems come when you burn every FSC set up to the newest, around Sep 2019, then you're screwed.

I was told that loading donor FSC was not possible on the latest ilevel but I can confirm this is not true. One thing to bear in mind is that if you run a measures plan in ISTA the FSC in the ECU will be rejected. Do not panic or worry, just load up ESYS, load the FSC and click upgrade on each FSC again. That's it, they will all be accepted again.

I have uploaded a guide that shows you how to do it correctly so you only have to do it once. As you can imagine, this ECU should never actually need new FSC codes because they shouldn't be removed/deactivated.

If you need help please ask. I have FSC sets for KAFAS2 right up to Sep 2019 and I am happy to remotely load them for you.

Finally, never ever ever ever ever ever press UPDATE or DEACTIVATE when working with these FSC. You will never need those options, just don't press them!!

Hi do you have diagram wiring for kafas 2 bmw f10  I want to retrofit my f10 and I need diagram....THANKS
You need to learn to search the NEWTIS website mate. I’m not being difficult, but a little self help will bring you every wiring diagram you will ever need for a BMW.
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • bmwcars1968, tattady
[attachment=326 Wrote:     DayvG pid='12515' dateline='1609863705']

HI
I m finish with retrofit to my car kafas 2 and head up I m very happy both  work just perfect ....CAR-BMW F10 2012 NAVI PROFESIONAL CIC
By the way ,i didn t need a cod fsc for kafas work after add 8TH to my car

You need to learn to search the NEWTIS website mate. I’m not being difficult, but a little self help will bring you every wiring diagram you will ever need for a BMW.

[attachment=325]
[attachment=325 Wrote:[attachment=325]DayvG pid='12515' dateline='1609863705']

HI
I m finish with retrofit to my car kafas 2 and head up I m very happy both  work just perfect ....CAR-BMW F10 2012 NAVI PROFESIONAL CIC
By the way ,i didn t need a cod fsc for kafas work after add 8TH to my car
I bought used kafas2 flashed to the latest istep, also bought 7E FSC from ebay.
Now FSC is accepted but SLI still not working, is it because vin different? (FSC vin is different from my car.)
should i inject CAFD again after FSC upgrade?
So far there is no error in ISTA+ , before kafas2 retrofit i was using emulator SLI was working fine.

My car is 2013 F10 LCI
(05-21-2021, 05:43 PM)franklinc Wrote: I bought used kafas2 flashed to the latest istep, also bought 7E FSC from ebay.
Now FSC is accepted but SLI still not working, is it because vin different? (FSC vin is different from my car.)
should i inject CAFD again after FSC upgrade?
So far there is no error in ISTA+ , before kafas2 retrofit i was using emulator SLI was working fine.

My car is 2013 F10 LCI
You bought SLI FSC from eBay and it’s a different vin to what’s in your car?!? What did you buy? Have you coded the KAFAS2 with your VIN? What have you actually done?!? Did you not read my guide? I can supply FSC specifically for your VIN from BMW directly.

Hello, 
My car is BMW 2013 F11 with SLI, LSW and vibration steering wheel from the factory. The camera is Kafas 2.
I want to retrofit LDW and FCW (and pedestrian warning if possible).
Could you please help me with the needed FSC?
Thank you?

Dear DayvG, my mistake, I deactivate the donor 7E fsc for kafas2. My car it is an f30, 2012-11. The donor 7E fsc it was from 2017. I have my original FSC codes but from your post I think I need a fresh FSC with newer date. The deactivation was done Monday June 7 2021. Can you help me? Thanks!
(06-09-2021, 05:18 PM)Marian2021 Wrote:

Dear DayvG, my mistake, I deactivate the donor 7E fsc for kafas2. My car it is an f30, 2012-11. The donor 7E fsc it was from 2017. I have my original FSC codes but from your post I think I need a fresh FSC with newer date. The deactivation was done Monday June 7 2021. Can you help me? Thanks!
The date of deactivation is irrelevant, what’s important is the new donor set must be newer than the donor set you deactivated. The only buttons you must/need to press are write FSC and upgrade FSC. What does the FSC status show now? Rejected? Or cancelled?
Ciao ragazzi chi mi puo aiutare con il fsc 7E 126 kafas2 vin 0P90448?Grazie