04-15-2025, 07:39 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2025, 09:47 PM by RSTECH.
Edit Reason: posted the fix
)
Hi everyone,
I'm currently working on a project where I have a test bench set up with a CAN bus emulator that powers on the NBT EVO v4.1 head unit without providing any vehicle-specific information, such as the VIN number. The head unit is currently unlocked and operating as expected.
I’m currently connected with E-Sys and BU using the EVO’s ip address and I'm able to import an FA and coding changes.
I've identified section 3004 where the long VIN is entered, but I'm unsure if this is the correct method to change the VIN. My goal is to change the VIN before the VIN lock security activates, if that’s even possible.
I’d really appreciate any insights or guidance from those who have experience with this. Any suggestions or steps you can share would be incredibly helpful.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Edit;
Thanks to shawnsheridan it is working with his instructions below;
E-Sys => Expert Mode => FSC Extended
Use Diag Address 0x63
Press Identify and JU_NBT2 should Populate in Base Variant field
Select WriteDataByIdentifierVIN
Select >> to move WriteDataByIdentifierVIN to right side
Enter xxxxxCARxVINxxxxx in Pop-up Field
Select Start button and check Log window for ok result.
I'm currently working on a project where I have a test bench set up with a CAN bus emulator that powers on the NBT EVO v4.1 head unit without providing any vehicle-specific information, such as the VIN number. The head unit is currently unlocked and operating as expected.
I’m currently connected with E-Sys and BU using the EVO’s ip address and I'm able to import an FA and coding changes.
I've identified section 3004 where the long VIN is entered, but I'm unsure if this is the correct method to change the VIN. My goal is to change the VIN before the VIN lock security activates, if that’s even possible.
I’d really appreciate any insights or guidance from those who have experience with this. Any suggestions or steps you can share would be incredibly helpful.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Edit;
Thanks to shawnsheridan it is working with his instructions below;
E-Sys => Expert Mode => FSC Extended
Use Diag Address 0x63
Press Identify and JU_NBT2 should Populate in Base Variant field
Select WriteDataByIdentifierVIN
Select >> to move WriteDataByIdentifierVIN to right side
Enter xxxxxCARxVINxxxxx in Pop-up Field
Select Start button and check Log window for ok result.


![[-]](https://www.bimmerscene.com/images/collapse.png)