We have recieved 83% of our goal ..


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BMW F10 Headlight initializing / coding help
#1
Hi Guys,

New member here.  I found this site from a post that was made by a member on bimmerpost and I am desperate for help.
I backed into my Wife's 2011 F10 a few months ag and broke the driver side headlight.  BMW body shop wanted over $9600 to repair.  My insurance would not pay that without totalig the car out (For a broken headlight?)  They paid me $3900 to have it repaired at a lower class body shop using used parts. I have fixed it all except for painting the bumper cover and blending in the hood for about $1500.
Now for my latest problem.  Since the car is a 2011, trying to find a really nice headlight that would match the other side would be very hard.  I elected to replace both headlights with the same type aftermarket headlight and do an LED conversion.  Because the headlight was destroyed, even though it was still working, it got wet and ruined all the modules.
I replaced the modules with used ones and when I first lit them up I was very impressed.  Turned them off and later while showing my wife how they looked, everything went to crap.  The Angel Eyes are very dim on the driver side and the turn signal won't come on. I bought new TMS modules specifically for Adaptive Headlights and 4 new modules for the Angel Eyes from Amazon. and the left side Angel Eyes are still dim and the signal still wont work.
Someone on Bimmerpost told me I needed BimmerCode.  I found after I bought it that it will not initialize / code the modules.  I actually don't see anything on it that I can use or would be interested in.
Probably too much information but now you know the story.  I NEED HELP!  I was looking at some of the coding options om this forum and I don't have a clue what is is saying.  I am computer illiterate, so to speak, and I just don't understand what most of that is saying.  I have had two strokes that don't help my situation any and I have trouble reasoning like I used to
If someone could find it in their heart to point me in the right direction and offer a bit of help I certainly would appreciate it. Huh
Reply


Messages In This Thread
BMW F10 Headlight initializing / coding help - by hurst01 - 07-02-2025, 10:58 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)