We have recieved 83% of our goal ..


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
G07 Programing issues HELP please.
#7
Alright after much hassle I got it to fully connect on an ISTA with Programing but it will not update software, I actually had it connect once and have the software update plan and everything unfortunately that was over wifi so it would not allow me to update and when i plugged in the ethernet cable all was lost. Now it is giving me this weird I-level error. I got that error before but i thought it may have been because i was using an older version of ISTA but nope just got it with the new one. I can get the car to connect to INPA and it shows all the modules talking.

(07-04-2025, 06:44 PM)David_raz89 Wrote: Alright after much hassle I got it to fully connect on an ISTA with Programing but it will not update software, I actually had it connect once and have the software update plan and everything unfortunately that was over wifi so it would not allow me to update and when i plugged in the ethernet cable all was lost. Now it is giving me this weird I-level error. I got that error before but i thought it may have been because i was using an older version of ISTA but nope just got it with the new one. I can get the car to connect to INPA and it shows all the modules talking.
Here is what is currently being shown. in the process of trying to get ISTA 4.52 to work i wiped the computer so i dont have ESYS currently loaded to try and connect and push the update. i also paid for BMW ITS and the website to download the most current ISTA is down so that was wasted money.

(07-01-2025, 04:36 PM)Memedalji_ Wrote: i cant see the picture of the ista tree, can you send maybe i can help
i got things to post had to stop using my phone

(07-02-2025, 01:01 AM)Bimmerhead33 Wrote:
(07-01-2025, 02:56 PM)David_raz89 Wrote: I do have a large power supply it was a computer issue. Do some reason I cannot upload the picture but the ZGM and BDC are yellow and everything else is blue. It does also have Ethernet faults and I’ve tried to initialize flexray and the Ethernet ports with errors to DME SAS EPS DSC VIP
LMV. The other weird thing is I can connect to the car with ISTa 4.3 but not 4.5. When I run the whole vehicle test it says my program is curruptand I cannot initialize programming even though I’ve reloaded it multiple times.
towing it to a dealer is not feasible I live in central Montana and the closes dealer is in Boise Idaho.
I understand. See if you can get that picture uploaded so we can see fault list and module tree if possible. There may be a problem with the version you have installed that caused issues during full programming. do you have 4.3x.x SDP files for full vehicle programming enabled?

You could try reprogramming through the earlier version of ISTA, I think 4.32.15 with SDP has I level availability for your 2020 x7 but I couldnt be certain. Im pretty sure that version can program up to roughly early 2021 models. It may be your best option. In the past, I have had vehicles run into issues during programming on G cars, especially with the BDC failing programming and have had to have them remotely coded to get comms back up and running. As long as the modules are not red or bricked, you may be able to save this.

Were you using an ENET cable or an ICOM? I know ENET programming has been enabled recently but havent heard much about it. Typically you need an ICOM for full vehicle programming safely
I am using an ICOM as the ENET cable is not allowed on 4.52


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                       

Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: G07 Programing issues HELP please. - by David_raz89 - 07-04-2025, 06:44 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)