07-04-2025, 07:45 PM
OK, a member from bimmerpost sent me a link to ISTA+ and ESYS. ISTA+ is downloading as I write this. I have since ordered an ENET cable and adapters so I can hook to the ALDL connector and my laptop. I have not used a PC computer since around 1994. They have changed a lot since then and really don't even turn on the same as I remember. The INSTA+ is not compatible with MAC computers unless I use BootCamp.
My Son gave me a Dell laptop that is about 3 years old that has been used only one time but has been sitting dead for 3 years. Best Buy went through it, installed the latest and greatest and I have been trying to figure out how to turn it on. I found that apparently ISTA+ is compatible with Google Chrome and I download that this morning.
I can pretty much find my way around a MAC and do anything I want to do, but not so with a PC. All the ENET cables and adapters will be here sometime Sunday. I have replaced headlights and modules in BMWs many times before with no problems until now. I have basically replaced everything but the Ballasts. When I first turned the headlights on they worked as they should. I turned them on the next day and the Angel rings are very dim on Driver side as is the Turn Signal not working. I since replaced both TMS modules and all four Angel Light modules with no change and that is freaking me out.
One concern I have is the headlight connector for the driver side had the housing broke in the accident and would not lock on. I ordered a new connector with pigtail from Amazon but all the wires were different colors, but mostly I did not want to splice the wires. So I de-pinned and re-pinned the connector. I am thinking I might check the connector again to make sure it is OK, but it sure is strange that everything worked before.
As far as the dealer goes, I have had it with the BMW dealer. I had an extended warranty on the car and the local BMW charged $9,600 to replace the oil pan gasket and it still is seeping. After I backed into the F10 headlight and broke it I went to the BMW body shop at the insistence of my Son. Again, they wanted over $9000 to repair it. So far I have repaired it all except to this headlight problem for about $1600 and also retrofitted it with LED conversion. I still have to paint and blend in the bumper cover and hood but I have built many show cars in my life so that will be no problem.
My hesitancy is I have never done programming or coding on a BMW, everything has always worked. Someone suggested that I buy the BimmerCode App. I did, but it is pretty much worthless as it will not code, but just changes settings on a lot of things. I WAS able to change the headlights to LED and I guess that is worth something. Other than that there is noting on it that I am interested in.
I have been contacted a few times by other members that are offering help. The best thing about these forums is that members try to help out others that want to learn, or can't afford to pay BMW shop repair prices, and that is terrific! My thanks to you and all the others. I need all the help I can get.
My Son gave me a Dell laptop that is about 3 years old that has been used only one time but has been sitting dead for 3 years. Best Buy went through it, installed the latest and greatest and I have been trying to figure out how to turn it on. I found that apparently ISTA+ is compatible with Google Chrome and I download that this morning.
I can pretty much find my way around a MAC and do anything I want to do, but not so with a PC. All the ENET cables and adapters will be here sometime Sunday. I have replaced headlights and modules in BMWs many times before with no problems until now. I have basically replaced everything but the Ballasts. When I first turned the headlights on they worked as they should. I turned them on the next day and the Angel rings are very dim on Driver side as is the Turn Signal not working. I since replaced both TMS modules and all four Angel Light modules with no change and that is freaking me out.
One concern I have is the headlight connector for the driver side had the housing broke in the accident and would not lock on. I ordered a new connector with pigtail from Amazon but all the wires were different colors, but mostly I did not want to splice the wires. So I de-pinned and re-pinned the connector. I am thinking I might check the connector again to make sure it is OK, but it sure is strange that everything worked before.
As far as the dealer goes, I have had it with the BMW dealer. I had an extended warranty on the car and the local BMW charged $9,600 to replace the oil pan gasket and it still is seeping. After I backed into the F10 headlight and broke it I went to the BMW body shop at the insistence of my Son. Again, they wanted over $9000 to repair it. So far I have repaired it all except to this headlight problem for about $1600 and also retrofitted it with LED conversion. I still have to paint and blend in the bumper cover and hood but I have built many show cars in my life so that will be no problem.
My hesitancy is I have never done programming or coding on a BMW, everything has always worked. Someone suggested that I buy the BimmerCode App. I did, but it is pretty much worthless as it will not code, but just changes settings on a lot of things. I WAS able to change the headlights to LED and I guess that is worth something. Other than that there is noting on it that I am interested in.
I have been contacted a few times by other members that are offering help. The best thing about these forums is that members try to help out others that want to learn, or can't afford to pay BMW shop repair prices, and that is terrific! My thanks to you and all the others. I need all the help I can get.


![[-]](https://www.bimmerscene.com/images/collapse.png)