We have recieved 87% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem)
Have some news:

To remove the steering wheel heater coding, do I need to use ESYS, right? What code should I remove, and in which control unit? Can I do it with ISTA? I have ESYS and ISTA. (I suppose that I can code with ESYS I need to remove VO Code 248 in the modules KOMBI, HU_CIC/NBT, and FEM)

I found these codes that add the heating; I understand that I would have to deactivate everything related to heating (LHZ), and the variant shouldn't have to be changed because I haven't changed my SZL, and I doubt it supports heating. I'm not sure about it
FEM_BODY
3140 PFLinSteeringWheel
CODDT_BYTE_00_SZL_LIN = LHZ_aktiv
LIN_VARIANTE_LRE = lre_tlc_lhz
LIN_VARIANTE_SZL = szl_4Band
LRE_Verbaut = aktiv

Anyway, as you can see in the screenshots, it gives me a short circuit error on the vibrator, but I don't know if it's a real error or if it conflicts with the new steering wheel module. I understand that the module is automatically recognized, but then you can enable or disable the heater function. I assume it would be absurd for the vibrator not to work if you have the heating coded but not complete. If the heating is decoded, it leads to the idea that it shouldn't give an error that it doesn't recognize the button, and the vibrator should work. I understand that the next step is to decode the heating and test if I still have the same vibrator error.

I can no longer test the steering wheel vibrator.
It seems that it correctly recognizes that I have a steering wheel with a heating and vibrating module because it can't find the steering wheel heating button.

However, the curious thing is that it now says the vibrator is short-circuited.
When this happens, is it because the vibrator or wiring is actually faulty, or is the new module not being recognized correctly?

Is it curious: "The vibration actuator is installed depending on the motorisation series. If the vibrator actuator is not installed, the EPS generates de vibration"
From what I understand, in the F30 model, it would only vibrate through the steering wheel vibrator, and if I uninstall the vibration module, the EPS would not activate (it would be ideal, but not hehe)

Could it also be because my SZL doesn't support the vibrator and heater module on the steering wheel and is only compatible with the regular vibrator module? But the strange thing is that the engine did vibrate in the first test I drove the vehicle at 70 km/h. On the fourth try, the fault appeared, and it only worked one more time through ISTA. Now I can't get it to work.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem) - by testingbmwcode - 09-21-2023, 08:17 PM