We have recieved 87% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem)
I uninstalled the vibrator, and I was able to make it work with a 9-volt battery; it operates without any issues.

Then reconnected it to the module and initiated the LDW test from ISTA. I observed the vibrator rotating half a turn, and the LDW error was triggered.

On the other hand, I was able to activate the steering wheel heater via ISTA, and it heated up without any problems or errors, so I rule out any issues with the module being improperly powered or compatibility problems.

The vibrator and heater both work, but the vibrator only rotates half a turn. ISTA doesn't detect an error in the steering wheel module; it indicates a short circuit in the motor, but worked on four occasions the first time I installed the steering wheel and once during the test. I've checked the wires and measured them with a tester, and neither the motor nor the wires have a short circuit.

The module appears to have no burnt parts or suspicious components.

If it were the motor, it wouldn't function with the 9-volt battery as it does with strength and without any issues.

It's possible that the module detects that the motor's impedance doesn't meet the desired specifications and marks it as a short circuit because the impedance is lower than expected.

It's incredible that it costs $100 when the motor is the same one I used as a child when I opened my toys to experiment. But obviously, I won't be able to find the exact motor that matches the expected impedance. I could try to adapt it with a resistor if the motor has low impedance, but it's challenging because I don't know the actual impedance. Initially, it reads around 10 ohms, maybe it needs to be a bit higher...

So, I'll buy a new vibrator motor, and if it still doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to purchase a new module

Messages In This Thread
RE: New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem) - by testingbmwcode - 09-24-2023, 07:08 PM