We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F10 NBT & RearViewCamera 3AG retrofit
Hi guys, 

Need you advice. 
Several years ago, I installed the rear view camera system on my 2013 F10 520d (NBT).
Ordered the hardware cables, camera etc. and installed it. 

Did the VO update 3AG. 
The module I installed was one for the 360view experience, so I only used the rear view input.
All working perfectly  Big Grin

Last month I went to the BMW dealer because my (professional) navigation started randomly rebooting and kept doing so for hours.
Seemed to be a known issue for the BMW guys when you have latest maps installed on an older navigation system not running latest software. 
So they offered to flash it for free as it is customer service and something was not OK.
Superb, it is working faster, no more reboots etc. 

Downside...the guys told me the camera module was the wrong one and they could not get rid of the errors. Of course they connect to BMW databases, etc and could see the trouble.
They offered me to install the correct module, but this one I would have to pay. So that one I refused, because I know the one in the car is working  Shy
Since it was an unofficial retrofit, they did not look further and just informed me and most probably disabled the module over system. Fair enough.

Now I want to know how to solve the issue and get my image back  Angel .
I have following information when I connect to e-sys:

I checked the FA list, 3AG is still there.

Full PDC is working, the icons of the rear view camera are greyed out.

Any suggestion what I do best?

Thanks a lot!! 

Messages In This Thread
F10 NBT & RearViewCamera 3AG retrofit - by BubbleB - 05-28-2021, 12:30 PM