We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue
I had a wet headlight that failed. I have a 2013 F10 with like 150K miles on it so I figured I would replace both. Seeing as how the AHL is pricey and this is more or less a run around town driver I cheaped out and got some DNA Motoring LED headlights with the LED turn signal lights. The car had the adaptive headlights. So the left light was the one with the water problem. The right worked fine. I replaced both assemblies and put the TMS in the same side as before. Power up the car and got AHL error(expected as they aren't adaptive.) now left side worked and right failed with short circuits to turn signals everything worked on the left side. I went into ISTA + to initialize the module and the left side turn signal stopped working after that lol So did some research figured I had to go in Esys and I saw a couple articles that looked similar So i downloaded a grouping you guys had with Ista 4.10 launcher pro 2.81.1.155 and esys3.30.1 followed all the instructions around java and and copying fldcodes, etc and everything worked fine. went into E-sys and set LWR_AHL_TYP to ohne to eliminate the AHL error which worked then added another fdl change to FLC_AKtiv to nich_aktiv which was supposed to fix the cornering lights which didn't work. should note I followed the procedure all reported successful from TAL and coding it and the CAF is green when I go back in Esys. Then I went to ISTA and I attach with the enet cable and try to initialize the modules left and right and all runs fine but ABL wont go off red. I saw another article where someone disabled voltage monitoring on the single bulb headlight assembly because it said they redirect the voltage from the high beam to the turn signal lights. and they changed three parameters that began with AUSG_09... can't remember the rest or refind the article. But when I go in ISTA it is showing a short to the turn signals anbove 10 volts so I am thinking I have the monitoring issue I just am not seeing those values on a search of frm. Could it be I have another version of the ECU FDL that doesnt have them or maybe a more recent copy that has LED information somewhere else? At a loss the high and low beams work fine the halos are on the ones with the headlights I have left and right turn signal faults now and daytiem running lamp failure. Based on all of the errors and same error going to a light that worked after the initialize procedure I am pretty sure it is all coding but don't know what to do to fix it? First time doing all this so any detailed help would be appreciated. Thanks so much

Messages In This Thread
2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue - by edg412 - 02-18-2022, 09:25 PM
RE: 2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue - by edg412 - 02-19-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: 2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue - by edg412 - 02-19-2022, 10:58 PM
RE: 2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue - by edg412 - 02-21-2022, 07:15 PM
RE: 2013 f10 headlight retrofit issue - by edg412 - 02-28-2022, 09:11 PM