We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem)
Hello everyone, 

I'm new to this amazing community. I've been reading for a while. 

Now, I'm facing a problem that I hope you can help me resolve. 

I have a 2016 BMW F30 330e with the M package, and last week my steering wheel was stolen. 
It was an M package steering wheel with a vibrator for LDW (Lane Departure Warning) and adaptive cruise control buttons for setting the following distance. I managed to get a similar M steering wheel, which also has a heater function. 

My vehicle doesn't come equipped with a heated steering wheel, and when I reach speeds of 70 km/h (when LDW runs), the car gives me an error in the LDW system and deactivates it. 

I understand that the main issue is that my old steering wheel had a vibrator module without heating, which is different from the current module that has two outputs, one for the vibrator and another for heating. I don't want to add heating to the steering wheel; I just want to see if there's a way to tell the vehicle through ESYS coding (I have ENET cable) that it's the module with the vibrator and heating but disable the heating function to prevent errors since I don't have the button to activate or deactivate it. 

What I'm interested in is being able to activate LDW as I had it in the previous setup. 

By the way, the new steering wheel doesn't have the buttons for setting the distance with the front vehicle, but that doesn't seem to cause an error. The vibrator works because I managed to test it with ISTA. 

Thank you very much!

Messages In This Thread
New steering wheel (LDW and heating problem) - by testingbmwcode - 09-20-2023, 08:28 AM