We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding RMSC module - help needed
Hi guys,

Replaced RMSC (ALC) module (water damage) and was now trying to code it with NCS Expert. Have to say, I am a total noob with that but, managed to find clear instructions and went ahead with it. Now, as you may guess, it didn't go well. When attempted coding RMSC got error [b]COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht ECU FRM_87, ID_SMC_LESEN: ERROR_ECU-BUSY_REPEAT_REQUEST[/b]", COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht SG_CODIEREN.... [b]coding faulty.[/b]

Launched INPA to read and clear error codes and was immediately greeted with an error that says may footwell module in not FRM_87 but instead is FRM_70. INPA that I got from here did'nt have an option to select FRM_70 for my car, however I found a workaround and read the error codes:

Workaround:
open C:\EC-APPS\INPA\BIN\E90.GER and/or E90.ENG
in [ROOT_KAROSSERIE] section add:
ENTRY= FRM_70,Footwell Module Driver II (FRM_70, from 03/07),
save a file and check in INPA, now it should connect.

Error Codes:
A8BB E70: Schlusslicht links 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte links vorne, rechts hinten defekt
9CC0 Kommunikation mit StepperMoterBox rechts gestoert 
A8AB Abblendlicht rechts defekt
A8B9 Schlusslicht links 1 defekt
A8AC Begrenzungslicht links defekt
(main beam codes are probably related to when the module was replaced - they are all working fine with exception of horizontal movement)

Erased errors and gave another try with NCS Exepert, that obviously failed again with COAPI-2020 error. At that moment I noticed that in NCS expert it is trying to code RMSC with FRM_87.PRG.

Would I be correct to assume that it should be FRM_70.PRG in NCS Expert and that is the reason coding job fails?
What do I have to do to make NCS pick correct FRM file?

Car is 2007 (Sep) E90

Module that I bought is 63127189312 from ESEN SKV - uncoded.

Messages In This Thread
Coding RMSC module - help needed - by thepope1 - 11-23-2023, 11:27 AM
RE: Coding RMSC module - help needed - by sawier - 03-22-2024, 12:34 PM