We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F10 Indicator Problems TMS LHM FRM
Hey guys,

a customer -> now friend of me has huge problems with his F10 2015 and me as the coder/programmer lost already nerves and 30h+ on this car.

What was the initial problem?
Water ingress in both front headlights, he has full adaptive LED headlights without bulbs. Before he came to me, he already had broken modules a few months ago and programmed somewhere else. It seemed for me like they didn't properly clean up and just change modules.

Although I coded a lot of E-Series, never had the chance to code F-Series. Now this time I had the chance to install and get Esys running and learn coding → now I coded already a few F´s =)

Now, what did I do till now?

The First time the car came (Dec2020), the right TMS was dead and both LHM modules were partly functioning. We installed new parts, cleaned Headlights properly and I put the new module to the bad conditioned front left headlight, so the TMS module of the left one which was working before was installed in the right headlight.

The programming part was like "detect caf for swe", I then selected CAFD similar to my I-Level.
Hit code, and it should have coded standard coding to the module.
I did this for all new Modules.

After that I adapted LEDs in ISTA+ and it worked for like a week, then we had front right Indicator malfunction message with fast flashing indicators on the right side, turned out that the old one from the left headlight which we installed on the right had problems with the indicator. We ordered a new TMS Module, and while we started getting the car in the garage, the left indicator also stated malfunction with the previous new TMS module from Dec2020). We had the car not moved for a week, it was just standing outside the workshop.

We changed right TMS module, coded it and relearned indicators(where left sometimes threw error during learning). The right headlights' indicator worked fine where the left one was working only for two minutes and then flashing faster quitting with malfunction message on the dashboard. Clearing errors wouldn't get it working back, either you removed headlight and wait a few minutes or disconnect FRM and reconnect. It then did work for 2 minutes or so.

Yesterday, we received a new left indicator module and a used FRM(as i suspect somehow the FRM), however after installing the indicator module, nothing has changed, and we still struggled with the same error.
This time the error changed a bit, the ista+ learning passes without an error for the left one, but throws one for the right but disappears once ista+ does ignition changeover.

The left one immediately throws an error after one blinking cycle whereas the right one works fine.

I wanted to change FRM3 as I suspect it for being the problem, however the donor part is from 2010-11, I could install CAFD from 2013 and code it, but the original one is I-Level 2015.
With that FRM the headlights didn't work, its also not same parts numbers. Can it be flashed to 2015 Level or do I need to flash whole car?

Can we disable somehow the error recognition of LEDs, I tried some things in TMS with FDL coding, but it didn't work.
My friend ordered another TMS now, and it will arrive tomorrow, but maybe someone does have an idea to fix this via soft update, coding or just disabling cold/warm bulb/led checks.

Can i program in Ista+??? as ISTAP tells me it is for E-Series but my Ista+ Programming section is greyed out, do I need to try it with icom to enable that menu?

I have for now KDCAN + ENET and borrowed one ICOM-A, which I will try tomorrow in ista+.

Sorry for so much information, but I better tell the whole story than giving you guys partly the information you need to help me.
Off course, I tried so many things which I even don't remember or can't write as it will confuse you guys more.

Thanks for reading
Regards
kaya

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

While i wrote this thread on Friday, we ordered another TMS and received it Saturday.
I coded it and now the left one works again. I hope this stupid car doesn't break again the right or left TMS out of sudden.