We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN ATM
Hi guys. Have any of you managed to change ATM VINs?
not possible to change ATM VIN
You can change the VIN of your ATM by just coding it like any other ECU. This isn´t a problem.
Getting the CD services work afterwards is the (nearly) impossible part. The ATM IMEI is linked to the original VIN on the BMW servers. So if your cars VIN/IMEI doesn´t match the cloud VIN/IMEI combination, you won´t be able to update/activate services.
(03-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: You can change the VIN of your ATM by just coding it like any other ECU. This isn´t a problem.
Getting the CD services work afterwards is the (nearly) impossible part. The ATM IMEI is linked to the original VIN on the BMW servers. So if your cars VIN/IMEI doesn´t match the cloud VIN/IMEI combination, you won´t be able to update/activate services.
read with understanding 
hi wants to use app and buy services from shop so not possible 
only chip swap is a solution
(03-22-2021, 10:03 PM)masa52 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: You can change the VIN of your ATM by just coding it like any other ECU. This isn´t a problem.
read with understanding 
hi wants to use app and buy services from shop so not possible 
only chip swap is a solution

well that´s what i said. you could change the coded VIN but since the VIN/IMEI pairing in car doesn´t match the VIN/IMEI pairing on the BMW Servers, CD services won´t work. BMW Apps and Carplay work without ATM. CD Services like Online, Remote Services etc need the ATM to have an VIN/IMEI matching a pair listed on the BMW Servers.
chip swap won´t work in most countries if you have retrofited an ATM and use the SIM from an Combox/TCB since these chips connect to 3G network and ATM tries to connect to 4g. 3G BMW Services are shut down in most countries. If the SIM from the old telematik box is locked to 3G network, it won´t connect to 4G.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tuerkay for this post:
  • masa52
(03-22-2021, 10:14 PM)Tuerkay Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: Puoi cambiare il VIN del tuo bancomat semplicemente codificandolo come qualsiasi altra ECU. Questo non è un problema.
Far funzionare i servizi CD in seguito è la parte (quasi) impossibile. L'IMEI ATM è collegato al VIN originale sui server BMW. Quindi, se il VIN / IMEI della tua auto non corrisponde alla combinazione VIN / IMEI del cloud, non sarai in grado di aggiornare / attivare i servizi.
leggere con comprensione 
ciao vuole usare l'app e acquistare servizi dal negozio, quindi non è possibile 
solo lo scambio di chip è una soluzione

beh, questo è quello che ho detto. è possibile modificare il VIN codificato ma poiché l'accoppiamento VIN / IMEI in auto non corrisponde all'accoppiamento VIN / IMEI sui server BMW, i servizi CD non funzioneranno. Le app BMW e Carplay funzionano senza ATM. I servizi CD come online, servizi remoti ecc. Richiedono che l'ATM abbia un VIN / IMEI corrispondente a una coppia elencata sui server BMW.
Lo scambio di chip non funziona nella maggior parte dei paesi se si è adattato un bancomat e si utilizza la SIM da un Combox / TCB poiché questi chip si connettono alla rete 3G e ATM cerca di connettersi a 4g. I servizi 3G BMW sono chiusi nella maggior parte dei paesi. Se la SIM della vecchia scatola telematik è bloccata sulla rete 3G, non si connetterà al 4G.
Quindi non vale la pena cambiare il chip? È conveniente codificare HU e ATM con VIN donatore ATM? La concessionaria BMW potrebbe notare che il VIN sull'HU è diverso? Mentre ho letto di una patch da posizionare su HU con FemToEvo per un corretto funzionamento. È vero?

(03-22-2021, 10:14 PM)Tuerkay Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: Puoi cambiare il VIN del tuo bancomat semplicemente codificandolo come qualsiasi altra ECU. Questo non è un problema.
Far funzionare i servizi CD in seguito è la parte (quasi) impossibile. L'IMEI ATM è collegato al VIN originale sui server BMW. Quindi, se il VIN / IMEI della tua auto non corrisponde alla combinazione VIN / IMEI del cloud, non sarai in grado di aggiornare / attivare i servizi.
leggere con comprensione 
ciao vuole usare l'app e acquistare servizi dal negozio, quindi non è possibile 
solo lo scambio di chip è una soluzione

beh, questo è quello che ho detto. è possibile modificare il VIN codificato ma poiché l'accoppiamento VIN / IMEI in auto non corrisponde all'accoppiamento VIN / IMEI sui server BMW, i servizi CD non funzioneranno. Le app BMW e Carplay funzionano senza ATM. I servizi CD come online, servizi remoti ecc. Richiedono che l'ATM abbia un VIN / IMEI corrispondente a una coppia elencata sui server BMW.
Lo scambio di chip non funziona nella maggior parte dei paesi se si è adattato un bancomat e si utilizza la SIM da un Combox / TCB poiché questi chip si connettono alla rete 3G e ATM cerca di connettersi a 4g. I servizi 3G BMW sono chiusi nella maggior parte dei paesi. Se la SIM della vecchia scatola telematik è bloccata sulla rete 3G, non si connetterà al 4G.
So isn't it worth changing the chip? Is it convenient to encode HU and ATM with ATM donor VIN? Could the BMW dealership notice that the VIN on the HU is different? While I have read of a patch to be placed on HU with FemToEvo for correct operation. It's true?
i can´t tell you if it´s worth it / possible.
- depending on regulations in your country, the TCB eSIM might be blocked from connections to 4g network. in that case, transfering the eSIM into an ATM would be useless since most countries deactivate the 3g network this year.
- according to some people in the CarTechnology Forum, apart from the eSim you also need to transfer a second chip, that stores the IMEI.
- transfering chips isn´t easy because the eSIM could be damaged easily if done wrong
- after swapping everything, you will still only be able to subscribe to services that you also can now. e.g. if you can´t add RTTI right now, you still won´t be able to do so after the transfer.
- with the transfered eSIM, in some cases "remote services" stopped working

most people use a CAN-Filter and code the HU with the donor VIN from the ATM. I don´t know what happens, if you go to a BMW dealership. maybe someone else can answer this question.
instead of using a can-filter to change the HU VIN, there is also an patch for the HU that can be applied with feature installer or FEMToEvo. In that case, your HU will still have the car VIN and the ATM the donor VIN. If you use the ATM with donor VIN and the HU with original VIN, it is possible that the ATM after some time will get blocked from connections to the BMW servers.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tuerkay for this post:
  • masa52, RichBMW